Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero Makes Me Dizzy.

Options
  • 25-12-2007 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

After I play a song or three, when I look at something, it looks like it's rising. Like the lines rise in GH.

Ugh, also makes me feel a little dizzy.

:D Anyone else feel this way? I knew I had a bit of vertigo but this is weird. lol.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Playing in the dark?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Acrually yeah. They do this in all the games. The screen moves really subliminaly and in a very subtle way, so when you look away its like being stoned

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

ye i get this as well. best way to avoid it is to never stop playin!

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Ha i got dizzy too this morning, i was playing for about an hour, and then when i went back to the main menu, I was like "heh its moving, never noticed that before, No wait, its not? huh?!" Then i took a break... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Ah yes, guitar hero eye. :p

Always love peoples first reactions to it.

"Are your curtains....moving?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

OMG this is creepy the exact same thing happened to me earlier today and i managed to stir my family into a panic thinking i had brain disease or was about to faint - nobody told me guitar hero borks your brains

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

It's the heavy amount of strobe lighting in the game i think. Lower down the contrast on your TV, if you have a wireless guitar, don't stand so close to the TV and don't play it in the dark.

Shaun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

lol, I've got everyone beat...

I got GH III from the folks for christmas and put it on on christmas eve. I played for an hour or so, next minute my head started goin a bit dizzy and I was like.. oooh, time to stop. I noticed I was gettin short of breath... from all the mad button mashing and stuff.. well.. I went and finished Evenflow first the switched off :P

Still feelin dizzy, my breathin was gettin increasingly worse. I could breath inwards for a fraction of a second. then my head was pounding from lack of oxygen. Ended up gettin sick from coughin and the parents were gettin sorta worried.

Long Story short, I ended up in casualty til 4 in the mornin on christmas eve. Was real ****. Probably nothing got to do with guitar hero, but ya never know.. maybe the medium setting was too much for me at first. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

i chanced my arm at expert mode....

i lost my right leg...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

I'm having difficulties with medium, but i will master it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Guitar Hero, the #1 cause of deaths for young gamers this christmas.

I was playing Devil went down to Georgia on easy with just my pinky to strengthen it up :P and i nearly broke it! GH3 is dangerous :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

This happens to me too. It happens a lot less when the lights are on. Wasnt even that dark when I noticed it the first time. Kinda puts me off playing it for long periods of time though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I just bought it there after having a good bit of fun with the demo, and yeah, I'm feeling a little woozy now, and I've got a cramp in my left hand!

I'm finding using the guitar insanely difficult! I'm able to breeze through pretty much every song I've tried with just using the standard controller, but I can't seem to get the hang of the guitar controller at all - my hands just don't know how to do two different things at once. :(

I'm having fun with it, but I am a little disappointed with the difficulty even on the easy setting. Its not really the type of game you can bring out at a party and have a laugh and a bash with people who may not normally play games, cos they'd never be able to just pick up and play it I reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

I just played it for the first time on Christmas day and I got used to it on easy very quickly. I started medium today...it's so fast!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

this happens to me too after a good bit of playing and then I need to sit down :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    this happens to me too after a good bit of playing and then I need to sit down :o

I just play it while sprawled out on the couch... problem solved!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

playing it in the dark is dangerous :P

I can only play standing up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mr.fancypants

ohh so thats why thats been happening, i just thought my eyes were f**kedfor last year.
    even forked out 200 quid on glasses.

think i might just take the b man's advice

• Advertisement
Advertisement