Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help buying new ram!

Options
  • 25-12-2007 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

hi, thanks for opening this thread,
    but im looking into buying more random access memory for my pc,

i wanna do a bita recording with music on it and so ill need a new sound card and more ram for the plug ins.

but im more concentrated on the ram part, im worried i might fork out round €50 quid for a new ram card and i find out something like its not the right one, its the motherboard that makes the computer act slower when i load more things at once or something depressing like that!

ok, so alota help would be apreciated if people would be kind enough to supply me with info on this, iv installed cards before into the motherboards and it was simple ****.

but ram might be a totally diff story for all i know. things like if i bought a ram card off dell would it be compatible for my 'e-machines' desktop etc????

all the info in the world folks! start me off, GO!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭vir7ual

model number of motherboard would be good, or else model number of machine and someone can see if they can see if they can find what ram goes into it. you will need to know the ram speeds of the motherboard before you buy ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

go to www.crucial.com and do the memory test.

hi OP. bought new ram myself recntly. crucial told me pc3200 was compatible and that i had 3 slots available. i opened my system and only two slots were available. i slotted in new ram. Low and behold OS would not load yet bios startup screen had recognised change.

Advertisement