Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dingle good place for a pub crawl?

Options
  • 25-12-2007 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Group of us thinking of heading down on New Year's.Is it any good do people know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Dingle Ranger

Ive had great nights out since i was bout 17. Really good friendy pubs where everyones getting on. Really good round this time of year. Lots of people around for new years. Good luck with night

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Slept in the terrace of the GAA pitch and then the luggage compartment of our bus one night in Dingle for a 21st. Great town for a pub crawl!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Rudi263

Best news years party I ever had was in Dingle last year!! Have fun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭nellyshark

Start at the top n work down, massive hill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭KIVES

Nevermind New Years - you wanna hit Dingle at the back end of the frantic tourist season in late September or thereabouts - It's probably the ideal spot for a pub crawl though myself and a female friend never made it past 'DICK MACS' (just across the road from St.Marys Church..place were RTE film their Live music programmes) - It's an indescribable place full of mirth and character and a pint of Guinness you would slavishly sell your granny for...the day/night we spent there was spent in the company of a bunch of middle aged American guys, all adourned in Aran Sweaters - At first I thought there was going to be a clutch of 'Clancy Brothers' tribute acts playing but we soon found them to be charming company and that day is etched in my memory banks as top notch...

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

i think the best answer to that is

"is the vatican a good place to go to mass"

enough said!
    best night to go there though is stephens night although most night are good. gettin a small bit rough sometimes espically around the hillgrove but still good

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Great town

The sex down there is better than usual too..

Must be the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

hahaha yes i go out there every saturday night.. routine never tires. You can't turn a corner without seeing somebody you know. lots of roaring. Class atmosphere, hilarious taxi trips home through the west etc etc.. the hillgrove nightclub( which does loose its charm after the 90th time..) the snack wagon at precisely 2.40am .
    the fact that you always see one of your teachers wasted off their faces in the hillgrove.
    its all good..bit rough on bank holidays but era.

One tip; watch out for the brothel(s).

Advertisement