Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

loud fan noise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mrDuke

Can you locate the exact fan thats making the noise or are all the fans very loud? I tried building a silent set up too and never factored in the noise from the PSU (i was niave and young) lol but now it keeps me awake at night, my guess with out looking at it is that its the PSU, komplett may let you return it and exchange it if you can repackage it ad tell em you never opened it, lol, a bit dubious but worth a try :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Most likely the graphics card or cpu heatsink are you using the stock intel one?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,349 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

how i noticed the problem . i was playing a dvd and i could barely hear the dvd

i didn't build my computer,got someone else to do that so im unsure am i using the stock intel one

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I have overclocked a tiny bit my CPU with stock intel h/s and sometimes when in a game it gets a bit noisey, so I'm guessing that could be it, I have a 580W Hiper PSU and it seems to perform silent enough, my 8800GTS is also silent operation but it does have a special unique "cooler", think the fan may be reference design though, My intel stock hsf is pritty noisey so I'm guessing it could be it ;)

Nick

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

According to the review on komplett it seems to be a very noisy case in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,349 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

According to the review on komplett it seems to be a very noisy case in general.

hmm would you think its all the cases fault?

maybe its time to get a new case

any recommendations

Advertisement