Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having Problems Staying connected to BTIreland

Options
  • 25-12-2007 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    Hope everyone had a very happy Christmas Day :)
    I have been with BTIreland for just over a year now and until 3 days ago had a very stable connection. Got disconnected about once every 2 months or so. Now however i am lucky to get more than 15 minutes at a time connected :mad:
    I checked that the modem was ok and it is ....same problems with 3 different ones. What is likely to be the problem? Eircom lines or BTIreland? (lines were recently completely replaced due to a massive lightning strike in the area)

Is anyone else having similar problems?

P.S. the connection went down twice in the 3 minutes it took to write this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭subfreq

Hi Altreab

Had / Having the exact same problem with BT since the summer. Played ping pong between BT and Eircom support and neither were any help really.

I am now getting independent technicians in to try and at least isolate what the problem is. If I get anywhere I will let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I had the very same problem this time last year funny enough, eventually had techs out to see what the problem was and the only cure they came up with was to downgrade from 3MB to 2MB, has been fine since.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

I had the same thing a month or so ago. A stable connection lasted anywhere from 1 minute to about an hour with sometimes 20 drops in 30 or 40 mins.

I called it in to eircom and a couple of weeks later my broadband was down for 3 hours. I rang support and they told me there was an engineer in the exchange.

It has been fine since it came back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

hellboy99 wrote: »
    I had the very same problem this time last year funny enough, eventually had techs out to see what the problem was and the only cure they came up with was to downgrade from 3MB to 2MB, has been fine since.

Cant do that here........... already on the 1 Meg service :(

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

Spunj wrote: »
    I had the same thing a month or so ago. A stable connection lasted anywhere from 1 minute to about an hour with sometimes 20 drops in 30 or 40 mins.

I called it in to eircom and a couple of weeks later my broadband was down for 3 hours. I rang support and they told me there was an engineer in the exchange.

It has been fine since it came back up.

That sums up my connection here in a nutshell. Guess i will have to bug BT and Eircom before to get the problem sorted!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Not after changing anything recently? Like getting a sky box put in or any work on phones in the house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Waylander24

I'm having a similar problem. I have a 3meg connection with BT since mid 06 with no problems at all. A few months ago my connection starting dropping. I use a Netgear DG834G modem. The DSL light would go out and after a few seconds would reconnect again. That might happen 5-6 time before getting a stable connection.

As I write this I've had the same thing happening. I'm upgraded the firmware in the modem but it's still dropping. I rang BT but they wont help as I'm not using the Zyxel modem.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Advertisement