Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games for Wii

Options
  • 25-12-2007 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭

Where is a good place to buy games for the Wii? (Im in UK)

I don't mind online or in stores. Preferablly somewhere cheaper than most places lol.

Also can anyone recommend me some games?

I've only got Wii sports and toom raider atm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

play.com is where I get most of my games. They're in Jersey so you get stuff VAT free on cheap purchases, i.e. pretty much all games.

Super Mario Galaxy is very good, although your mileage may vary. Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles is alright if you like on-rails shooters.

Mario Galaxy is ~€60 on play. Surely its cheaper elsewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Troublesome

Thanks guys

Think ill get super mario galaxy :d

Have to think of my mum aswel as she will proberly be playing it all day when im out, and shes gonna be funding a few of the games ;p

Can you watch DVDs on Wiis?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

That's odd that its that price in Play. You'd get it in most shops for €50.

Also, the wii itself doesn't play DVD's. I think there have been some hacks done to make it work but I don't know much about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Stephen wrote: »
    That's odd that its that price in Play. You'd get it in most shops for €50.

€40 in tesco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

and 45 in xtra-vision if there isn't a tesco near you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

cdwow aint too bad

I've bid on CAll of Duty and Super Mario galaxy lol

I was going to bid on the sims pets as it was quite cheap but luckily I went around my friends house and played on it. Ive never been so bored in my life.

Is it worth buying Zelda? My friend got it but I never got chance to play on it, but from what ive heard from them an danother friend its kinda lame :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Zelda is a fantastic game. Its gotten fantastic reviews from most review sites that matter, and its my favourite game on the Wii. If you like Ocarina of Time, you'll like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

If the OP is in the UK then Play may be cheaper given the fact they charge their euro customers more their sterling prices are fairly decent.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Zelda is a fantastic game. Its gotten fantastic reviews from most review sites that matter, and its my favourite game on the Wii. If you like Ocarina of Time, you'll like this.

Think ill get zelda then.

Ahaha I just remember the only zelda ive ever played is the one for the nes

Game station got an offer on atm, 3 for £30 so ill go there i think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

I bought most of my games in Game and HMV stores because they where impulse buys, normally I would get from play.com

I didnt like super mario galaxy at all and I'm considering ebaying it shortly!

I love rayman and guitar hero

Advertisement