Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G&G SR25 SPR Discussion

• 25-12-2007 11:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭

As per forum rules, here is the discussion thread for the wonderful SPR

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Excellent review Dex, very well written.

The SPR sounds nice too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

It sounds sweet. I wouldnt mind having a go.

That thing about the mags is a bit of a bummer though, especially when the magwell is part of the reciever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Yeah the reason for it is that the RS SPR is 7.62mm whereas the STANAG is sized for 5.56mm. It's not an option that would be available but dispensations must be made somewhere.

I'll have the SPR with me, albeit minus the new mags and bipod (credit card maxed out until after the new year) next time I'm at HRTA

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭johnser

I also have a G&G GR25, not the SPR. I think that the only difference is that the SPR has a different barrel and no silencer.

Lovely AEG, and agree with the review.

The only thing I was disappointed with was the charging handle. A little loose for my liking.

It is rather loose but I'm gonna look at fixing that, I wouldn't say it would be more difficult than adding a few rubber bushings. How often would you need to pull the cocking handle though?

I've ordered a scope and bipod for this that should arrive next week, and a few magazines that should arrive around the same time. Hopefully it'll be skirmishable inside a fortnight and I can see what she's really made of over an extended field day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭(F.L.) Anders

Hi dex, Im interested in purchasing this Aeg and was just wondering if it can be fitted with a silencer or is the flashhider a permanent feature?:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

you can fit a silencer to it but not a regular one, i think the diameter is 22mm as aposed to the usuall 14mm and finding one that will fit might be a bit of a pain, (dex is looking for one himself).,
    what you could do though is just get a regular silencer and bore it out, tap it and tadaa! you got yo self a silencer., :)

Thanks vtec! The collection might just grow alittle more now!;)

As Vtec said, there's not widely available. G&G did one for it with the 22mm CW threading but it seems to have vanished. The only option at the moment seems to be modifying a regular silencer.

Although I was looking into it, it was more just to see if they were out there. The rifle is very long, putting a silencer on it might stretch it those few inches into the "too long" territory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

NakedDex wrote: »
    As Vtec said, there's not widely available. G&G did one for it with the 22mm CW threading but it seems to have vanished. The only option at the moment seems to be modifying a regular silencer.

Although I was looking into it, it was more just to see if they were out there. The rifle is very long, putting a silencer on it might stretch it those few inches into the "too long" territory.

Psssst Dex? - the ends are in different postal codes as it is. And, No. I'm not going to mention copmensating....some things are too crass even for me.:D

• Advertisement

This from the man who once stood beside me firing a 249 while cackling wildly about also having Claymores in his bag.

I'm quite obviously compensating for something, and will openly say as much.

It's people like you that worry me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Wheres the pics Dex?

Maybe the classic army one would work? http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=9198
    looked all over for the actual g&g version but it seems to be outta stock?

and yeah it most definately would be too long but hey it would look bad ass!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

defo say i might invest in one of these in the future, rainbow made me fall in love :P

iceage wrote: »
    Wheres the pics Dex?

They're in the Photo's of... thread stickied to the top of this subforum. They may be buried in there somewhere since it's been a while since I posted them. They're a bit crap to and do the rifle no justice. Once I get new film (yes that's right, gadget-man is still using analog photography) I'll take a few good shots and put them up. Been meaning to do it for a while with my current collection anyway.
    Maybe the classic army one would work? http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=9198
    looked all over for the actual g&g version but it seems to be outta stock?

and yeah it most definately would be too long but hey it would look bad ass!

No that silencer won't work, it will on the G&P model (unless they changed the bore) but not the G&G. If you look at the end of the silencer you'll see a latch on it. That's the QD latch, it requires two bevels on the outer barrel to mate with in order to attach. The G&G one has a 22mmCW threaded piece.

It would look good, but given that the G&G silencer is 100 bucks, it's more than I'm willing to spend on an aluminium tube that does nothing other than sit there.

This from the man who once stood beside me firing a 249 while cackling wildly about also having Claymores in his bag.

I'm quite obviously compensating for something, and will openly say as much.

It's people like you that worry me...
    You say that like sending a blizzard downrange, and backing it up with a hurricane is a bad thing. Look at it from the other guys point of view:

{The General + Claymores + Contractor} = {Find Another Way Around}

It's a simple equasion.;)

It's not compensation. It's mathematics.;):D

One of the highlights of my time airsofting was defending the Ghost base, having pulled the entire team back to it. With everyone running out of ammo fast, I was covering the lane from the back of the cabin. You appear from around the corner with an M249 and ask me for a sitrep. Then you go and plant claymore on the lane enterance, run back to me, hand me the remote and pull up a pew beside me.
    Two guys coming down the lane saw me with an SPR, you with a 249 and a claymore on the hill and just turned straight back. "The best weapons in the world are the ones you never have to fire".

One of the highlights of my time airsofting was defending the Ghost base, having pulled the entire team back to it. With everyone running out of ammo fast, I was covering the lane from the back of the cabin. You appear from around the corner with an M249 and ask me for a sitrep. Then you go and plant claymore on the lane enterance, run back to me, hand me the remote and pull up a pew beside me.
    Two guys coming down the lane saw me with an SPR, you with a 249 and a claymore on the hill and just turned straight back. "The best weapons in the world are the ones you never have to fire".
    That was the day you got to keep 4 guys cowering behiend a pallet in the lane for about half an hour with a single shot weapon.
    I was dead impressed.....

Ahhh, good memories.

Advertisement