Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does anyone know when dentists re-open??

• 26-12-2007 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

I am dying with a toothache, its not actually a tooth pain, its more like an annoying dull pain in my gum at my back tooth. I've had pain on and off in this tooth for 2 years bit it usually only lasts 2days or so.. but this has been killing me now since last friday..
    Its kinda like an itchy pain, but extremely annoying, like something sharp is being stuck into my gum, its KILLING ME!! What can i do!!????

:mad::(

Please someone give me advice.. When dop the dentists re-open?? Dont tell me its Jan2nd or i think i will top myself!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

You might get lucky and they could be open again on thursday or friday! Definately not before then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Dental Issues.

Dentists should be providing emergency cover over the next few years. Maybe someone will point you in the direction of one if you tell us where you live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

i feel for ya man, had an abcess in my tooth last christmas, must severe pain iv ever experienced! ended up goin to casualty on stephens day cause there was no dentists open, felt like such an idiot in casualty:)

as said above there might be one or two open on friday
    sounds like you might have abit of gum disease or maybe you just need a filling

until then gargle disprin around the affected area.
    this is not medical advice but if the disprin doesnt work go to the chemist and get some low % hydrogen peroxide, dilute with water, gargle for about 5 minutes and spit, that might help, ask the chemist about it.
    defo go to the dentist when ya can tho

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

iirc theres one on abbey street open tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Petey2006

I got mugged on Christmas Ever 3 years ago. As a result, I got a chipped back tooth, exposing the nerve and causing me quite a bit of discomfort. I managed to get a dental appointment on the 26th of December by ringing the dentist and telling him it was an emergency. I don't know how your own dentist works, but you may get lucky. I hope that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭peteburnshndbag

skelliser wrote: »
    i feel for ya man, had an abcess in my tooth last christmas, must severe pain iv ever experienced! ended up goin to casualty on stephens day cause there was no dentists open, felt like such an idiot in casualty:)

as said above there might be one or two open on friday
    sounds like you might have abit of gum disease or maybe you just need a filling

until then gargle disprin around the affected area.
    this is not medical advice but if the disprin doesnt work go to the chemist and get some low % hydrogen peroxide, dilute with water, gargle for about 5 minutes and spit, that might help, ask the chemist about it.
    defo go to the dentist when ya can tho

Thanks for replying evryone. I'm actually grand now, cause i bought some nurofen plus as soon as i got up yesterday morning, took 2, and the pain was gone for THE WHOLE DAY!!:D Cant beleive how good they are for pain, they have ibuprofen AND CODEINE in them.
    I only had dispirin in my house on xmas night, and they werent worth ****e, they kinda eased the pain for about an hour and then it was backthrobbing again. I'll never waste my cash on dispiring again.

If anyone wants to know the best non-prescription painkiller, defo NUFOFEN. I took another 2 this morning, and I'm still grand now. No pain at all.

OH yeah, what's an abcess?? Could i have one of them.

THe tooth/gum that is paining me is a back tooth, i had a filling in it before but it fell out and the dentist couldnt re-fill it cause the hole is HUGE!! It's the back bottom tooth and it has a huge hole in it, and a back top one just over it the same. The dentist cant do anything for them.
    And i have an appointment at the Dublin Dental School, to get my wisdom teeth extracted.. But thats not for 6 months, and i cant do anything with these back teeth cause I'm not sure if the dental school are meant to be dealing with these.

If the pain doesnt come back, do yis think i should just wait til i return to the dental school to sort my teeth out..

I am always brushing my teeth, flossing, and mouthwashing twice a day for the last few months.. Its not fair. I've always brushed my teeth, but havent started mouthwashing/flossing til the last year.

Most of my back teeth are either gone, filled, or have holes in them. I really wish i had never taken drugs before.

Advertisement