Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artic Freezer rip off

• 26-12-2007 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=338133

Well I finally installed this, it looks like a re-badge of the Artic Freezer but there are some slight aesthetic differences in the copper base and fan, unless there were different revision of the Artic. I thought some people might be interested at the cheap price and the fact it's an Artic rip-off.

Anyway, for a mere 19 euro, it seems to do pretty well. I have the 2160 overclocked to 2.8Ghz from 1.8Ghz, and idles at 35, load at 55 using Orthos. I have yet to apply my own thermal paste, this is using the pre-applied stuff. Added to that, the 2160 is much hotter then regular Core 2 Duo chips too (ran at about 10c hotter then my 6400 with stock cooler), so expect even better with a decent processor.

All in all can't fault it for a 19 euro air cooler.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

HavoK wrote: »
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=338133

Well I finally installed this, it looks like a re-badge of the Artic Freezer but there are some slight aesthetic differences in the copper base and fan, unless there were different revision of the Artic. I thought some people might be interested at the cheap price and the fact it's an Artic rip-off.

Anyway, for a mere 19 euro, it seems to do pretty well. I have the 2160 overclocked to 2.8Ghz from 1.8Ghz, and idles at 35, load at 55 using Orthos. I have yet to apply my own thermal paste, this is using the pre-applied stuff. Added to that, the 2160 is much hotter then regular Core 2 Duo chips too (ran at about 10c hotter then my 6400 with stock cooler), so expect even better with a decent processor.

All in all can't fault it for a 19 euro air cooler.

With a proper fan it could be even better !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Interesting.

Whats the difference in the base finish, in more detail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Just positioning of the pipes is different! It also seems to weigh more then the Artic...

Also with own thermal paste applied, now idling at 31c at 2.9Ghz.

Advertisement