Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childs cough / allergy?

Options
  • 26-12-2007 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭

We have a 5 yo daughter that has a terrible cough at the moment, she coughs almost all night long at 3 - 10 min intervals. This has happened for the last 4 Christmases with her and naturally we have brought her to different doctors.
    She has done a few courses of antibiotics over the years, taken several cough bottles, has been treated for asthma even though that wasn't the problem, had acupuncture done and seen a couple of alternative medicine guys but none of them can seem to stop this desperate cough.
    I'm just wondering could she have an allergy to something associated with Christmas such as the tree or something else.
    Has anyone any experience of something like this?
    Mods, if I'm in the wrong forum move me, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I would suggest talking to the gp about allergy testing.

Advertisement