Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what is the best and free registry fix software out there?

• 26-12-2007 6:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

i got the free registryfix software from pc world top 15 downloads or something that gives you a free scan and cleans up 50 errors but i got over 600 errors in the registry, apparently? i dont want to pay 30 dollars to fix the rest of these errors is there any free registry fix downloads that will fix the all the errors for free.

also i got ccleaner but that only seems to remove the junk files can this be used to fix registry?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

You have a few options in reg cleaning.
    Stick with CCleaner. It's free and it works. There is an option in it for reg cleaning. The option is on the left, honestly, you cant miss it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭x keo21

You have a few options in reg cleaning.
    Stick with CCleaner. It's free and it works. There is an option in it for reg cleaning. The option is on the left, honestly, you cant miss it! :)

yeah iv used it but sophos anti virus is still picking up errors. i used another free scan regclean i think its called and its still picking up over 700 errors. i need a good registry fixer thats free. please point me another direction other than ccleaner

Is this the website you got regclean or is it the same program? Link.
    If so, McAfee Site advisor has given that site a red rating. Reviews say it is a rogue application. Link

Maybe it is a good program, others may have a good experience with it? Sometimes though, rogue applications in the form of registry cleaners would give you false scan results, telling you that you have loads of problems.
    And then, in order to clean it all up, you would have to buy the program etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

Stick with CCleaner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Try to find WinASO, its not free but its good. I use this along with Ccleaner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bremoran

I have Symantec Anti-Virus on my home PC - when I started to download RegClean, Symantec immediately picked it up as a threat, stopped the download, and quarantined it. Have been getting many pops stating registry errors, are these real or fake? Most state that I have to go to a website to download a free cleaner (registrycleanerxp.com for example - this was also stopped by Symantec)

registrycleanerxp.com apparently sells rogue applications Link

When you have pop ups like that you more than likely have a form of spyware/malware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

My Fav is Tune Up Utilities which is free for 30 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mrDuke

i reccomend CCleaner aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

well. one thing i would like to remind you- most of the times you don't need registry fix.

Why do u need that at first place? if it a warming that comes on monitor then probably it is malware and it is nothing to do with registry. Try Lavasoft adaware to remove it.

Or u have a gut feeling to fix it.

Or in fact you really have some problem with machine (very unlikely)

Cclean is crap cleaner that cleans left over registry entries or file extensions that accumulate over time when you install/ uninstall softwares. It also cleans temp files and recycle bin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement