Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How drunken has it got?

• 26-12-2007 6:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

On a scale of 1 to melted snow man, how drunk are we now?

(BTW the new stargate film is horrid)

Merry xmas all!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Unfortunately right now I'm sober, very definitely, painfully so.
    12 hours ago, this was not the case.
    12 hours from now it will not be the case :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Haven't drunk at all since Saturday. Drunk Christmas days suck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Lump wrote: »

+1

Had a few beers but not enough to get drunk on. I just don't feel right being absolutely buttoned on Christmas Day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I'm abducting a small boy from his home, walking in their air, or possibly even at the dancing with 'Father Christmas' (whatever that name means?) stage.

qz wrote: »
    +1

Had a few beers but not enough to get drunk on. I just don't feel right being absolutely buttoned on Christmas Day.

For once I am looking forward to New Years Eve ths year - got tickets to head out in London with a few friends so that's when I'll celebrate :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I've no New Years plans yet =[

I never go out when I'm in Ireland - Too busy and Expensive - However I'm sure the UK will be the same ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Lump wrote: »
    Yep.
    Had a few at breakfast, slept them off and then had another few with dinner. Enough for a nice buzz, but not too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I drank four cans. Agreed about how ****ty drunk Christmas Days are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

aw i hate being drunk on christmas day..i'll have a can or two if friends call down but that's it..tonights the night for drinkies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

I just woke up on the floor of a mates house after a ten hour acid trip. I think I drank before that too. Great Xmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Had a few bottles yesterday, not enough to get drunk but I'll make up for that tonight :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

(BTW the new stargate film is horrid)

There's a stargate film :) and it's horrid :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Drunken christmas eve is ok but drunken christmas day is not, especially if there are kids around.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

0 - haven't had a drop of alcohol since Thursday (outside of the tiny bit baked into the Christmas cake). Never felt the desire to get plastered, or even mildly drunk, on Christmas Day or even the days immediately around it. Am I that unusual?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

humbert wrote: »
    There's a stargate film :) and it's horrid :(

The old Stargate film was horrid too... there's a pattern here..

Although that chick who played Ra was hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Quiet you, it was a masterpiece. [SIZE=-1]Kurt Russell, James Spader, can't go wrong :)[/SIZE]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

i had to think about that one for a minute.. Shame on you for stalling my penny hitting the floor! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

ixoy wrote: »
    0 - haven't had a drop of alcohol since Thursday (outside of the tiny bit baked into the Christmas cake). Never felt the desire to get plastered, or even mildly drunk, on Christmas Day or even the days immediately around it. Am I that unusual?!

I'm hitting 1 on that scale now - my Stephens Day booze pigout was strangled at birth as half the people I was going to spend the day getting slaughtered with fell by the wayside due to much mixing of drinks yesterday.
    I'm home now and after yeasterday loving it.

And no, you're not that unusual at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Sober as a judge, havent had a drink since cristmas eve but going out tonight to top up (mildly he says )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Helper_Monkey

Ha! At the root of all comedy...

Amazed by the sensibleness over xmas. TBH its extreamly difficult to get drunk on xmas day. After beer just became a chore i had to hook a bottle of wine to a shot dispenser attached to my desk beside me.

Are we messy again??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I'm a zero.

Maybe less than zero. If I had a straight whiskey, I'd be a zero. That's how sober I am. :(

Advertisement