Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rented car got scratched, advices please.

Options
  • 26-12-2007 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Merry Christmas everyone. I don't know if this is the right place to ask.

I rented a car for Christmas, I just found out this morning the car was scratched by a coin(key) on the driver side while parked.

Advices welcome and thank you in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭McArmalite

Canonfan wrote: »
    Merry Christmas everyone. I don't know if this is the right place to ask.

I rented a car for Christmas, I just found out this morning the car was scratched by a coin(key) on the driver side while parked.

Advices welcome and thank you in advance.

i'm very sorry to hear that, absoulute b@st@rds in this country these days. I was going to rent one myself but took the train instead. Maybe they have a customer Service line you can contact, but I will keep an eye on this myself as I will be hiring a car in he future. Sorry again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Thanks McArmalite, some people behave badly when they drunk. I washed the car yesterday and it was shining.

I paid €10 a day extra on insurance, i hope it will cover the damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

There might be an excess that you owe. What do the documents say? Presume they won't even notice though. Could you put a bit of marker over the scratch to cover the immediate 'sight test'? (this could be a stupid suggestion!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Marathon_Man

Hired a car a few years ago and it got a light scratch but they didn't charge me as the scratch could be buffed.

If it's bad hopefully the insurance covers it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Canonfan wrote: »
    Thanks McArmalite, some people behave badly when they drunk. I washed the car yesterday and it was shining.

I paid €10 a day extra on insurance, i hope it will cover the damage.

With the extra insurance you should be OK, depends what excess you opted for thought.

But I have to ask, why wash a hire car?:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement