Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL/UPC blocking Trackmania Nations

Options
  • 26-12-2007 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭

I used to have no problems playing Trackmania Nations and Trackmania United now when I try to connect to any servers, it fails to connect.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

It's highly unlikely that it's being blocked. What's your ip address when you can't access it? (just the range, ie 89.123.123.x)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

It's 89.100.x.x but I don't see how that makes much difference?

I used to never have any problems with either of those games but now I can't play either of them. I can logon and see all the servers and get all the updates but I just can't connect to any servers.

I think its something to do with traffic shaping as trackmania requires p2p to play. Thats what I've found out so far but if thats the case it should be happening to all NTL/UPC users who play trackmania????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 spektr

as trackmania requires p2p to play.

then it's highly likely it's being blocked as NTL still hasn't fixed the problems with several p2p networks. Or should I say "still hasn't fixed"?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

AntiVirus wrote: »
    It's 89.100.x.x but I don't see how that makes much difference?

There has been the suggestion that some of the problems which people are experiencing on NTL is to do with a new pool of ip addresses they've begun to issue to customers resulting in traffic to various operators being discarded as bogon traffic. That doesn't seem to be the case with your issue though. When did you notice this begin? Can others on ntl/upc play?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

its probably the same issue as people like myself playing eve online the online game.

It operates on port 26000 and the connection is useless and drops out after a few minites/seconds or sometimes does not connect at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Moriarty wrote: »
    There has been the suggestion that some of the problems which people are experiencing on NTL is to do with a new pool of ip addresses they've begun to issue to customers resulting in traffic to various operators being discarded as bogon traffic. That doesn't seem to be the case with your issue though. When did you notice this begin? Can others on ntl/upc play?

I've always had an IP address that starts with 89 from ntl for as long as I can remember. I only noticed there last week when a few mates downloaded the free game and we tried to play online. I was the only one who couldn't play. I'm the only person I know who has NTL so I don't know if its only me who has this problem.

I think BrokenArrows is correct. :mad:

Advertisement