Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grand Theft Auto IV

• 26-12-2007 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

No doubt, this is gonna be one of the most hyped games release this year...

Just saw some of the trailers on rockstargames.com

phwoaarr!

Anyone else looking forward to it?!:p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,912 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Does the pope **** in the woods?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Yeah it looks savage. I really like the idea of a Russian guy who just arrives in Liberty City having to build his way up to the top. I'm so glad that they ditched the hip-hop nonsense of San Andreas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

yup, now if they ditched the health bar id be a very happy man.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I used to be a big GTA fan but im not holding my breath on this one. I dont really see what they can do to bring something new to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

i hear ye faceman, think just to be able to play the game with the 360 graphics will be pretty tasty..

no doubt there'll be some nice new features though..i kinda liked the fact that in San Andreas you could work out and get muscles or eat and get fat..lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I take what your saying about the graphics but ultimately its the gameplay that counts. If the game is released and is no different than San Andreas then no matter how good it looks, i wont pick it up.

I still play paradroid on the C64, now theres gameplay! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Divers wrote: »
    i kinda liked the fact that in San Andreas you could work out and get muscles or eat and get fat..lol

I heard they got rid of that element for the new game.

Mostly all the missions are the same in GTA games, it is really driven by the story and so far this story is really grabbing my interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

faceman wrote: »
    I still play paradroid on the C64, now theres gameplay! ;)

c64 rocks! No such thing as saving a game...it was the whole way thru or nothing! :p
    rizzla wrote: »
    I heard they got rid of that element for the new game.

Mostly all the missions are the same in GTA games, it is really driven by the story and so far this story is really grabbing my interest.

i'm only reading up on it now! seems pretty cool!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Got VICE the c64 emulator and have after ruined my happy childhood memories :(

Looking forward to GTAIV though.
    ps: there's a free GTAIV theme available to download now on live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,028 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Have we a confirmed release date for GTA IV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,912 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

april 25th is the rumour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

april 25th is a date that's being thrown around a lot.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

April 25th is my birthday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Mines the 23rd YAAAY:D:D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Paradroid for teh w1n.
    Parad4.gif
    Seriously good gameplay!

I never really got into the GTA series as such, the combat system in one (pre-SA I think) was so poor it put me off the series entirely. The blaxploitation release seemed uninteresting to me (though I am reliably informed it was awesome as a game and very open ended).

I'll probably play the Xbox next version simply to see what they fuss is about and spooooge about the graphics.

DeV.

Advertisement