Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hot for 2008

• 26-12-2007 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've tried to start a thread about fashion trends in 2008. But people just posted jokes or slagged each other off.
    Please only post to this thread if you have a comment about style or Fashion for 2008.

So, one more time, what do you think the hot styles for 2008 will be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭annieee

Sense of humour implants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

wtf do you mean, i'm wearing a tweed tracksuit right now. it's so hot cause pete doherty wore one reccently and it's got hansel sweating as he can't get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭JMCD

annieee wrote: »
    Sense of humour implants.

:D:D:D:D:D. Very Funny!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'm hoping the feminine fabrics like satin and silk wil be sticking about for some time, I absolutely love them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Piste wrote: »
    I'm hoping the feminine fabrics like satin and silk wil be sticking about for some time, I absolutely love them!

They are nice. A full-on Silver Screen Siren revival would be lovely too.

Christina Auguleria has made a fortune from using the bombshell look to her advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

fishnet body suits

and gimp masks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I hope to see the end of those print print smock tops for a while. and Uggs..dont get me started..what's with the nautiucal look coming back in again: wide leg trousers and jeans, striped high neck tops etc., oh and I hope chunky knits feck off too...seems I havent really got any tips for the top, just rants about the past...

Fingers crossed: more and more scarves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

Grazia have a good low down on what'll be in next year. The smocks are gone (thank God!) and waists are back in. Big prints are in too. Studded shoes are out. And that's all I can remember!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

my moto once it looks good wear it dont just wear it cause its in fashion or stop wearing it cause "they" say it out of fashion, in saying that tho god i hated those print smock things why anyone thought they were nice in the 1st place is beyond me:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh cause ripped MCR t-shirts are soo much better :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Cremo wrote: »
    yeh cause ripped MCR t-shirts are soo much better :p

better than tweed tracksuits :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

tweed tracksuits could come in handy if while at the gentlemans club someone challenges you to go around the world in 80 days,

ease of movement ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

heard the 80's trend is meant to be huge again this summer...could be wrong thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Hmm I hope not, much too loud for my taste!

Was anyone else quite dissappointe with 2007's fashions? I didn't like much of what came out and atm i'm quite dissappointed with the sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭pinklady2

I think Skinny Jeans will stay so will big belts for waste perfect for wearing with Summer Vest 's,plain tops,dresse's, also leggings I think they will stay I only like black ones, I hope big bags will stay I love them, I think Mary Janes may hang on for a while longer.....
    Bright,bright crl's will also be in e.g. yellows,pink,green's,orange,blue. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

I agree with the wanting satin/silk fabrics to stay around... i LOVE them!!

but am finding it very hard to find nice top because they don't give much give in the fabric, i'm an 8/10 on top with a bit of a wide back so I find i might need a 12 but then the rest just hangs off me!!:mad:

QUOTE=Piste;54740975]
    Was anyone else quite dissappointe with 2007's fashions? I didn't like much of what came out and atm i'm quite dissappointed with the sales.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I was. As I've said before, I am not a fan of the grecian look i.e. the whole design that dunnes copied from karen millen that everyone else copied aswell, not a fan at all.

Also not a fan of those puff ball dresses or whatever they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'd like to see more gothic kinda style. Corsets, that kind of thing.

And ninja boots, but not in conjuction with the whole gothic style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I predict Nike and Addidas will be quite popular in 2008...

And flares will make a comeback with guys. My magic ball(s) show all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

As long as the skirt + boots combination (in all its incarnations, except floor-length with Docs) stays in fashion, I'll be happy. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭indiana jones

chunky necklaces, the colour yellow,ethnic looks esp light scarfs, belts around everything skinny and big ones, 50's inspired looks, hair straightened poker hair will be very old fashioned looking.the colour fushia for dresses, fowery prints, knee length dresses, floaty femine skirts,ruffels on blouses and straps of dresses. grecian style dresses that look like sheets, sheer and see through is ment to be really big so that means coloured bras and camisols will be big.
    there is a new coast dress that is really 50's looking brite with ruffles down the front and belted around the waist which will probably be at every wedding in the country.so we will all be looking like neon laura ashley curly haired nutters ( just cant see the long floaty skirts in the clubs)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

WHITE NAIL VARNISH
    Over-sized knits
    High heels like this with features on the front
    32Z54SBLK_normal.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭pinklady2

Love those shoes :D

Advertisement