Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

GSM/GPS/FM antenna for bimmer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Let me know how you get it , same problem is top of my things to do in the new year list ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

jhegarty wrote: »
    Let me know how you get it , same problem is top of my things to do in the new year list ...

Yeah I am trying to get some feedback first from this forum and another one, if it looks good, I will buy one and install it and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Your E46 antenna is built into your rear windscreen (Well that's what I was told) People were having trouble with the rear de-mister affecting radio reception... BMW's answer was to replace the rear windscreen :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Your E46 antenna is built into your rear windscreen (Well that's what I was told) People were having trouble with the rear de-mister affecting radio reception... BMW's answer was to replace the rear windscreen :eek:

The only problem is the crappy number of radio transmitters and small radios in this country.
    There are only a very few good radios here, and I can't get them properly.
    When I am in UK with my car, I have no problem to get a lot of radios.
    But for sure, bimmer's antenna can be improved, reason why I am looking for an antenna extension.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I am having the same problems with my A6, losing reception on radio stations like 2FM and Today FM where in my last car, a mondeo, I had no problems whatsoever keeping the signal.. so something like that might sort it..

Anyone having the same problems with an Audi?

• Advertisement
Advertisement