Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

lie about insurance

Options
  • 26-12-2007 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

i have a normal car for everyday driving fully insured no problem there but
    i have got my hands on a very powerfull and rare car which i cant get insurance on. tryed all companys the fact that iam only 21 and the car is very rare so iam clueless as to how to get insurance.
    so iam asking is there anypoint in lying to get insurance.
    up my age and downgrade the engine cc.
    has it worked for anyone here.
    what kind of checks do insurance companys do to validate the information you give them.
    is there even any point in lying or am i just as well to get the scanner out and make a fake insurance disk.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Don't be so stupid in trying to lie about everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Yes don't be stupid - you may get away with it but then what happens if you have a crash and dont say you don't think you will because anyone can drive into you. Then you will be in trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jiminylemux

what kind of trouble?
    i might get insurance if i lie about my age alone
    its just i am in a bad rut at the moment
    i have the coolest car and cant get insurance,its driving me crazy
    thing is i have a clean record the only thing stoping me from getting insurance on this car is age and engine cc

i have tryed everything legitimate at this stage
    tryed insuring it under parents name
    tryed car club insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Driving without insurance, pretty serious offence. Carries a ban if convicted...??
    If you lie and get insurance, this is effectively what you'll be doing.

Out of curiosity, what car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

You might as well not bother being insured if you're going to lie about it. If you're found to lie and an accident occurs they won't pay out a cent in compensation. Plus it is illegal too AFAIK.

• Advertisement

what kind of trouble?
    i might get insurance if i lie about my age alone
    its just i am in a bad rut at the moment
    i have the coolest car and cant get insurance,its driving me crazy
    thing is i have a clean record the only thing stoping me from getting insurance on this car is age and engine cc

i have tryed everything legitimate at this stage
    tryed insuring it under parents name
    tryed car club insurance
    What happens if someone tries sueing you for personal injuries? - You do know that investigations go on in these circumstances. What happens if it comes to thousands of euro (common enough) - how you going to pay this, and that is only one part of the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

If you've tried everything and still had been rejected, face up to the facts. Don't try something stupid which will come back and haunt you. For one you're asking for a banning from this site asking for advice to get around legal grounds. You're young and acting immature by trying ways and means of getting insurance illegally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

So what's this rare and powerful "coolest car" anyways?

On the other issue, don't be an idiot. If it's that rare,sell it and with the mountain of cash you will presumably get for it buy something in between your everyday car and this other performance car and insure it properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 stan56

u could register it in sum1 elses name (father, brother, sister etc) and drive it on a "driving other cars" extension which comes as standard on all hibernian and quinn-direct policies

What car is it anyways? I'm with quinn and they wouldn't quote me on my car but then i told them that i have bought the car and its sitting in my driveway and they transfered my policy at no extra charge so u could try that as well maybe

ya its looking like ill have to sell it at this stage
    i was hoping that lieing about my age would get me insurance but its looking like from what you guys are saying it wont hold up in court
    thats all i needed to know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

What is it?

I'd say give it or sell it for €1 to a parent/guardian/older friend and have it garaged for a few years while you get older, that way, it can be driven by them a little to keep it running well. Especially if it's a classic and can be insured cheaply.

...it'll probably take 5 years for insurance to be reasonable for you..

Then you've got your car! :D

But Trust me, I'm 21, 8months driving, and almost bought an interesting car (Buick Riviera '63 6 litre) and that is the only legitimate plan.

btw +1000's on not lying to or withholding info from insurance companies.

btw, Insurance companies are wise to "the getting insured under a parents name" especially for high powered cars, they don't do it or it doesn't work out as cheaply as it used to.

There is also a legal problem with insuring it under a parent, solely for someone else (the son/daughter) to drive it.

Tried getting insured on a Honda Prelude myself, and parental ownership wouldn't work, though in the end, quinn offered a really great quote that was also comp and in my own name! :D

oh and please tell us what the car is so we can better judge the situation..

I thought the whole car insurance thing was fixed?

Wasnt that why Mary Harney got promoted to the health department

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Well it's defiantly a bit cheaper for young men to get insured today then a few years ago. If that's what you mean.
    OP if you are going to lie to the insurance company you might as well save yourself the trouble and just drive with no insurance.

There's no escape. At checkpoints with 'this car' you are getting, you are bound to get checked.

tuxy wrote: »
    Well it's defiantly a bit cheaper for young men to get insured today then a few years ago. If that's what you mean.
    OP if you are going to lie to the insurance company you might as well save yourself the trouble and just drive with no insurance.

i need insurance of some sort incase of garda stops etc
    thing is i wouldnt care about my own car if i was in a crash i would repair it or get rid of it.
    if i was in a crash with another car does thier insurance not cover them or do they always claim on my insurance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

if i was in a crash with another car does thier insurance not cover them or do they always claim on my insurance?

It will depend on who is deemed to be at fault. If you were at fault then your insurance would have to pay out.
    To tell you the truth you don't sound like you are mature enough to drive any kind of car.

kensutz wrote: »
    ...For one you're asking for a banning from this site asking for advice to get around legal grounds. You're young and acting immature...
    tuxy wrote: »
    ...To tell you the truth you don't sound like you are mature enough to drive any kind of car....

I'm kinda thinking more of the above as I wonder to myself why you keep refering to this cool car and not telling us what it is and your seemingly uninformed and immature attitude towards insuring or even owning any car...

I'm kinda thinking more of the above as I wonder to myself why you keep refering to this cool car and not telling us what it is? Disregarding your seemingly uninformed and immature attitude towards insuring or even owning any car...
    not tellin ya what it is because ill probably have to sell it

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:

Is it this? My cousin got one too from santa, they aren't all that rare :D

230197965.jpg

bigkev49 wrote: »

230197965.jpg

:D Engine wouldn't be too powerful, so maybe an engine swap, it'll push up your insurance, but just think of the power to weight ratio!

needs better alloys..

Dunno bout an engine swap, probably a better option to install uprated fillangees and using a mass spectrometer linked up with 2 HKS flux capacitors.

Power gains are maaaaaaaaaaasssive kid.

Upgrading is another option, though if you want the big gains in power, you've gotta start with a better base, so I'd say an engine swap...

...you do know you'd have to put alot of money into your plan to gain anything substantial from that baby...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

So in other words, the car doesn't exist.

ClioV6 wrote: »

It clearly does, Bigkev49 found a photo.

ClioV6 wrote: »
    it exists alright although i wish i was making this up
    its my own fault for not checking insurance companys before i bought it.
    let this be a lesson to the rest of ye even if you have the money to buy your dream car you still have to be an old man before them bull **** insurance companys let you drive it

• Advertisement

lol, this is a ridiculous thread, if maybe a little informative in the beginning and funny so close to it's death :p

So hey, If you've lot's of money, like you say..

just go to three insurers
    let them reject you, hehe :rolleyes: (They'd probably reject cars that don't exist to, the veyron didn't exist for awhile for many insurers)
    then contact another with the 3 rejections + proof
    and they'll have to quote you...

I'll go along the lines of €7000 for any "normal/earthly" car :rolleyes: but let's say especially for your oh so special, one of a kind, red striped* monster, €100k per annum.

*Red stripes or any such descriptions or actual designs may vary, depending on your imagination.

Advertisement