Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Enjoying Vice City

• 26-12-2007 4:12pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone!

Some of you may remember I posted here a while ago asking whether it was a good idea to purchase Vice City for the PC after fully completing San Andreas. There wasn't one person who advised against it, so I bought it on play.com.
    I must say I am really enjoying it. The graphics are good - they don't seem cheesy after SA. I love the whole 'bright' atmosphere of it, especially when the sun is rising or setting. The map is smaller than SA, but you hardly notice it as it is detailed and there are lots of places to go and things to do
    The two things I miss are swimming and being able to climb over fences, but they're such small things they're not even factors affecting the overall enjoyment of the game. Also the music isn't great but I just listen to the user tracks player instead.

Overall would suggest this game to anyone who hasn't played it yet

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

i had it on the ps2 but lost it,so i am thinking of getting it again for the pc.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I hear the graphics are better on the PC version than on the PS2 but I don't have the PS version to compare it to so I'm not sure if it is true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

id say the pc graphics are better because the pc has a bigger processor.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Plus the GTA games always come out later for the PC than the PS2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

the music isnt great? you speak blasphemy! i think its the best of all the games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

forbesii wrote: »
    the music isnt great? you speak blasphemy! i think its the best of all the games.
    You listen to the music? I always put short cuts of my favourite tunes into the music directory, and played them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

i had a ps2 so i couldnt, but i wouldnt have anyway. because the soundtrack is perfect for the atmosphere and even if i could many of my favourite songs did not exist in 1985.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

forbesii wrote: »
    i had a ps2 so i couldnt, but i wouldnt have anyway. because the soundtrack is perfect for the atmosphere and even if i could many of my favourite songs did not exist in 1985.

have to agree, the radio channels and music fit perfectly into the games story and setting, not to mention it has the funniest channels out of the 3 next gen gta's by far.
    I had music in the user radio station aswell but found myself barely actually using it due to the great quality of the in game stations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

id say the pc graphics are better because the pc has a bigger processor.

The graphics card in a pc plays a huge part as well, Vice City looked class at the time when running at a solid framerate at a high resolution, with FSAA up full...

Definitely my favourite of the GTA3 series, and one of my fave games of all time...

OK I'm the only one that doesn't like the music lol! I'm possibly too young to like that sort of music.

I run Vice City on the computer @ 1280x1024x32 with full Draw Distance and full brightness. Runs as smooth as a frozen pond in the Antarctic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Every GTA is way better on the PC... When you have it complete theres always plenty of modding to be done!! Fun never ends :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I have to say Vice City had the best soundtrack of all the GTA games. And i was only born in 87 so they aren't from my time.

Advertisement