Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

m4 fore grip

Options
  • 26-12-2007 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

hey not really trouble shooting but i got a dboys m4 a1 for xmas and just looking for advice on pimping it up??

i found the fore grip below and wondering will this fit any m4??
    http://www.rsov.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=103&products_id=769

also the PEQ box does this take the normal battery you get with the m4 or do you have to buy a special batteyr fo it?

and one last question the fore sight.....can this be removed??

oh sorry one last one now what is the silver tube on top of the rifle for??

thanks in advance for any help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,995 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

first of all why would you want to take the foresight off the rifle?

secondly what silver tube? do you mean the carry handle?

please clarify

:cool::cool: :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yep, that front end should fit yours,. I dont know about the PEQ myself but your battery will be in the front grip and the one from RSOV doesnt take the battery like the original.,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

hey not really trouble shooting but i got a dboys m4 a1 for xmas and just looking for advice on pimping it up??

i found the fore grip below and wondering will this fit any m4??
    http://www.rsov.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=103&products_id=769

also the PEQ box does this take the normal battery you get with the m4 or do you have to buy a special batteyr fo it?

and one last question the fore sight.....can this be removed??

oh sorry one last one now what is the silver tube on top of the rifle for??

thanks in advance for any help!!

a small word of advice, if you are going to replace the plastic grips with a ris rail, get the one piece version. that will cause you a lot less problems later on. The 2 piece ris systems like that dboys depend on the rear delta ring and the front retainer to take the weight. they are not really built for that, particularly if they get a wallop from something when playing. if you get a one piece ris, it screws onto the m4 body and is much sturdier. the peq boxes typically comes in a number of sizes, so you need to choose wisely. you may need to drill a hole in the ris to wire it through, although some of them comes with holes which you can use.

hope that helps....you might also need to get an armourers wrench to take the old delta ring off and indeed put the new one on...be careful as a few of them have the odd small bolt to fit them to the outer barrel.

i know wgc sells them as does ehobby. search for GD-TOOL-06 on wgc or armourers wrench on ehobby

guarder_tool06_1.jpg

hope that helps

good luck

this is what they look like...

edit: the fore sight can be removed but you need something to support the front of the barrel and to stop it twisting off. you can then get a foldable ris front and rear sight. under your fore sight should be 1 or 2 small nuts, sometimes they require an allen key, sometimes you just need to knock them out. you can then take the fore sight off. although thats from memory. if you google you will find steps. try arnies. the silver tube is a fake gas tube used on a real m4 to eject power from the bullet forward to counterbalance the rearward pressure. the idea is the 2 balance each other out vastly increasing your accuracy. on airsoft its a support metal tube to help decrease barrel wobble -- again that from memory..

one other thought...there is one big advantage to the dboys 2 piece approach...i am fairly sure it will sit with your current delta ring...so it would save on all the bolting and unbolting ....

if you are looking to change it a bit, you can also swap the flash hider. they unscrew off. somewhere on the flash hider at the rear of it will be a small grub screw, loosen that it should unscrew off. remember with all of these, its best to oil them a little before you put a new one back on as it is easy to strip the threads.

and finally finally you can run the battery to the rear and get a crane stock to hold the battery but you do need a crane style battery. that will save you on the peq box

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

cheers lads thats deadly i want to take the front sight off because it sticks up and i wanna put a red dot sight or something on it.

and looking for the PEQ box because it would be handier to put that on then to re wire back to the stock.

i was also looking at changing the flash hider as you said Fallschirmjager and maybe add a M203 at a later date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

When you take out the gas tube, the fore grip itself can be used to twist off the delta ring, instead of getting an armourers wrench.

Thats how I did it, and i was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,995 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

i want to take the front sight off because it sticks up and i wanna put a red dot sight or something on it.

the foresight wont get in the way of a red dot sight on the rifle,

i know about 5 people that have red dot sights monted on an m4 with the

foresight on

:cool::cool::cool:

blay1 wrote: »
    the foresight wont get in the way of a red dot sight on the rifle,

i know about 5 people that have red dot sights monted on an m4 with the

foresight on

:cool::cool::cool:

deadly do they have the low one that sits down tight on the top rail when you remove the carrying handle?

or do the have some sort of high mount under them?

thanks

deadly do they have the low one that sits down tight on the top rail when you remove the carrying handle?

or do the have some sort of high mount under them?

thanks

peter,

what you are looking for is a thing called cantilever mount for the red dot. its a raised arm. there are a lot of solutions but thats probably the most common. if you dont have a red dot sight yet, you can buy one with that which might work out a bit cheaper. i seem to recall you can still see a bit of the sight in mine, not much but a bit, so maybe someone has a better solution. they are all over ebay as it happens. might want to check with shiva, he might have some this side of the pond.

cheers i was looking at some on ebay actually must see what shiva has first!

• Advertisement
Advertisement