Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warwick St Stephens night - Entrance fee?

Options
  • 26-12-2007 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Someone told me they're charging 30euro into the Warwick tonight, surely that can't be rght? :confused:

It was 20 or 25 last year, which is a rip off in itself, but 30euro would be just taking the p1ss?!

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 206 ✭✭Creachadóir

I can't confirm the price, but I think the saw doctors are playing in the Warrick. And as you know they have a bit of a cult following...so I guess they'll charge what they please!

Any other ideas for Stephen's night?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Didn't realise that the Saw Doctors were playing... at least we're getting a bit of entertainment so. Still, 30 is a bit steep... You sure your not thinking of New years?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 206 ✭✭Creachadóir

Just looked them up. How sad am I? No it's actually tomorrow and the night after that they're playing in the Warrick. They're in Castlebar for New Years. So still not sure about the price. But they usually take complete advantage of the fact that it's traditional to go to the Warrick Stephen's night. They ensure that there's a CPs style queue that doesn't move for about an hour. So I'm not surprised there's a price hike. I gave up on it 2 years ago and haven't looked back :)

Last year I just had to go in early to avoid a Q, around 9.30PM I reckon. Feckit im gonna head out anyhow, i'll report back tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

As far as I can tell, they barely have people there any other night of the year, so they've got to make their money somehow ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

what's with the Warwick and Stephens night? is it a tradition or something?

Bleugh. Went down at 9.30 and crazy Q, moved alogn quickly. By 10pm there was no Q at all?! :confused:

I think the place is starting to get less popular on Stephens night

The crowd has gotten a bit too young in there, the amount of people in there that I KNEW were under 18 was unreal (Friends little bros/sisters). Which is funny because they were to crazy on asking for ID (Checked *everyones* ID... obviously not well enough!)

The crowd was way too young/sloppy in there. No bouncers walking around which resulted in a serious amount of broken glass. At one stage I saw a crowd of people breaking glass for fun. God help anyone that fell in there.

It was 20eur in which I still thought was wrong, but I brought snook in a cheeky naggin so happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

It was 20 euro into the Source nightclub in Tuam, and they were giving *wristbands* instead of stamps to stop people sharing them. Madness. Wasn't in there but apparently it was still packed.

Advertisement