Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parts for Traxxas... best place to buy?

Options
  • 26-12-2007 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭

Maybe this has already been answered. But I'm looking to get a few replacement parts for my Rev 3.3 truck. Can't see where to buy on the traxxas site. Is it only through resellers? Also will Greenes be able to sort me out with a few things? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

www.towerhobbies.com cheapiest and best place to buy. What parts are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

New metal exhaust. And a starter gear. Damn plastic cogs broke on the EZ start.

Get a pull start? No battery to be charged except for a glow starter. Lighter aswel and less things to wrong.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Green Hobby & Model in Harolds Cross regularly service, tune and work on all makes of RC car .
    but they won't order parts for a make that they don't sell or support.
    (They do have all the generic parts that fit most makes, like eg CEN)

So they will service it, fix it, tune it, and fit the parts they sell, and also fit any special parts you provide.

So if you broke a Traxxas specific part that Green Hobby don't keep in stock and you want Green Hobby to install that piece for you as part of eg a service - you would have to get the part yourself and hand it to them at the same time as the model.

why dont ghm do traxxas, their seems to be alot of traxxas fans in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Not that many really.
    There of course some Traxxas owners dotted around.
    It was decided two years ago that Traxxas is not economically viable in Ireland.
    About 12 months ago that was reconsidered (I reported it here) and the view was nothing had changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 vtecclubby

If you buy from tower hobbies You will pay tax on the goods because i got caught with a tamiya mini last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

You might not get caught...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 vtecclubby

u will get caught one way or another

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

www.modelsport.co.uk
    Thats a good site and have a good range of parts
    I hope this helps you out

• Advertisement

vtecclubby wrote: »
    u will get caught one way or another
    I only was only caught 2-3 times and I ordered aload of stuff. More than likely you'll get through handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

dont forget
    e-bay

Advertisement