Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Sea Creature Thingy on Tramore Beach

Options
  • 26-12-2007 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen this? Cone shaped thing that looks wooden and has tentacles and mussels attached to it. Looks really weird. Crowds gathered around it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭pdebarra

Picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I'll have some pics up in a bit - It's a log with a couple of hundred goose barnacles hanging off it... Pretty cool little things, they're considered a delicacy (sp?) in some parts of the world, according to Wikipedia.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Those aren't the same as the ones the spanish eat- Percebes.
    close but not quite.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

One pic from my mobile..

image306jc9.th.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

looks like a bit of wood with shells on it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

dlofnep wrote: »
    looks like a bit of wood with shells on it?

Plus slimy things. But ya.

Did you poke it?

Nope, it was lashing rain so I took one shot and left. Had nothing to poke it with anyway..

WTF?

Where'd me post go?

Anyways... I poked it, not out of malcontent, but wanted to see how much water it they had... were plenty of them dead. I had my macro lens with me, so you'll all have some 1:1 goodness as soon as they're online!

Fajitas! wrote: »
    WTF?

Where'd me post go?

Only post by you in this thread is here::
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54730682&postcount=3
    Anyways... I poked it, not out of malcontent, but wanted to see how much water it they had... were plenty of them dead. I had my macro lens with me, so you'll all have some 1:1 goodness as soon as they're online!

Wtf were they anyway?

• Advertisement

Strange, wasn't WTF'ing at you, just was pretty sure I pressed the post button :o

Goose barnacles - Pics are nearly cooked - Just have to do a quick levels and sharpening on each. :)

Fair play for poking it!

:D

Wasn't that bad.

Edit: Actually, the above is a lie. It was all well and good at the time, but I tried eating some lettuce when I got home and nearly retched...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Looks like one for the Paranormal Forum! >_>

Strange, wasn't WTF'ing at you, just was pretty sure I pressed the post button :o

Old age. Ill forgive ya. :p
    Goose barnacles - Pics are nearly cooked - Just have to do a quick levels and sharpening on each. :)

Digital tbh.

They are digital ;)

They are digital ;)

Nvmd so :p

My internet is being dreadfully slow tonight.

Here's the first few. More later...

2138963384_fd09476241.jpg

2138232277_a67553da71.jpg

2138987386_48cc5bdb68.jpg

Excellent shots there!

There's more of them on me flickr if any of you are interested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

fajitas! had a snoop round your flikr ya sure are talented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

anyone know what it is yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

a log. probably a piece of a shipwreck that has been in the sea a very very long time.

i havent seen it down there. I'm only guessing from fajitas photos.

paul666 wrote: »
    a log. probably a piece of a shipwreck that has been in the sea a very very long time.

i havent seen it down there. I'm only guessing from fajitas photos.

Fairly accurate description, seems what it is alright.

Cheers beaushalloe! :)

Aye, it's defo a log, don't know if it's from a shipwreck though - the end of it that was visable looked more smooth & branchlike than anything used in ships, then again, erosion could have done that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Come on Waterford bay is finally getting it's revenge after years of pollution it's going to start by taking back the beah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mrDuke

Is it stil there?

mrDuke wrote: »
    Is it stil there?
    Yup

Advertisement