Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has Ronaldinho played his last game for Barca?

• 26-12-2007 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Barcelona ace Ronaldinho had heavy abuse showered on him at El Prat airport, from where he took the flight to Brazil.

Suggestions that Ronaldinho may have played his last El Clasico seemed to gain grounding on Sunday night, when he was subject to some stinging verbal volleys by the Barcelona fans.

The Camp Nou faithful were treated to a poor display from their team, and the Brazilian came in for some special treatment after the game. However, it was to get worse later that night.

The Gaucho arrived at the airport in the wee hours of Monday morning with Robinho, Julio Baptista and Deco - they were all traveling to Brazil together for their new year vacations.

Robinho was hailed by sections of Madrid fans, and in a massive contrast, Ronaldinho had every known abuse in the land hurled at him by his own supporters.

Deco also came in for some rough treatment, but survived as the bulk of the attention was focussed on The Gaucho.

As one can see from the video below, he was clearly not a happy man as he left for his vacations.

There have also been suggestions that he could have played his last game in a Barcelona shirt. The bosses have refused to make any comment, but if the media (even the pro-Barcelona dailies) and fans were to have their say, he would not be returning to the city again.

See for yourself...
    Ronaldinho was not alone in being shackled during his side's home defeat to Real Madrid, but he has garnered the most criticism.

A group of fans jeered the Brazilian at Barcelona's El Prat airport as he made a sullen exit for sunnier climes. Boos and shouts rang in his ears as he jetted homewards, but that's not all he has to think about over the Christmas period.

For calls for the former Paris Saint-Germain man's transfer are growing louder from a segment of the fanbase, with AC Milan and Chelsea said to still be interested in securing his signature.

'Dinho's next club, as it happens, will actually be "Friends of Ronaldinho", as the player contests a charity match on December 26th against teammate Lionel Messi's counterpart organisation.

But when competitive football resumes in January, it remains to be seen whether or not Ronaldinho will still don the blaugrana.

It is admittedly unlikely that Barcelona will countenance a hasty, mid-season transfer, but it cannot be ruled out that they will do so. Pressure from all sides is growing.

Even stalwart, pro-Barcelona organisations such as Sport.es are beginning to ask real questions of the Brazilian, msot notably as to whether or not he truly has the hunger to fight for the club anymore.

Above all, they have called for a quick solution to the current issue.

What could it be? It hardly needs to be said that AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi would almost certainly have one in mind, and the Gazzetta dello Sport indicates that the San Siro supremo is once again all a-flutter with the idea of bringing the Brazilian to his club.

The player himself, meanwhile, will always be synonymous with Barcelona, but perhaps the ill-fated Clasico and his airport reception have dampened his spirits...

With the "fans" treating him like that, Id pack my bags and leave. Short memory that shower...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Were'nt Chelsea linked with him a few weeks back?

Hmmmmm they need a striker...

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

El Prat airport? :eek::D:p:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Why are people assuming those people are Barca fans?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Could easily be Real fans since they cheered Robinho.

Either way, can see him being a chelsea player and doing sweet f.a in the premiership

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Archimedes wrote: »

Short memory that shower...

I think that goes for any set of fans really

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

DSB wrote: »
    Why are people assuming those people are Barca fans?
    Exactly. Sounds like there was plenty of Real fans there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

if i had just seen the footage I would have thought nothign of it and presumed they were Real fans...

i do think it is his last season in la liga but I have no idea where he could go, he is cup tied as well remember so that may delay any transfer till the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Archimedes wrote: »
    With the "fans" treating him like that, Id pack my bags and leave. Short memory that shower...

As a fan, you can forgive a player who isn't playing particularly well but is still giving it 100% every week. The simple fact is that Ronaldinho hasn't looked interested in playing since the start of last season. He's put on weight and seems to be going down the same road as Ronaldo did with Madrid. If Chelsea come in with a £20million offer, I'd say Barça would snap their hand off for it. He is cup-tied though, so they might wait until the summer. Either way, I'd be very surprised to see Ronaldinho start next season at Barça.

Not sure about that video either. It didn't exactly seem overly abusive to me either, considering Barça lost at home against their fiercist rivals that night for the first time in 20 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Currently he looks bored. Which is a pity because I love him and if he was in better shape, he would be setting the world on fire...

But only he knows the reasons...if he is bored in Barcelona which it looks like, why is he not moving? Surely he knows staying there when he is not happy will destroy him? But he is young, wealthy and ridiculously telented so I'm sure he knows he can do what the **** he wants to do. So who knows what is going on!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

i dont actually see anything happening in that video, its just some people jeering, id say that happens quite a lot to footballers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I heard a few things being shouted which are fairly abusive in Spanish, they were targeted directly at Ronaldinho...

They were calling him a son of a bitch and that his mother is a whore...probably standard slags for footballers but he looks depressed to begin with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

cheesedude wrote: »
    I heard a few things being shouted which are fairly abusive in Spanish, they were targeted directly at Ronaldinho...

They were calling him a son of a bitch and that his mother is a whore...probably standard slags for footballers but he looks depressed to begin with.

Hijo puta (son of a bitch) isn't really that bad in Spanish. It's pretty much the generic abusive term. There was nothing really ott in that video imo.

Advertisement