Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Life and times of Algorn the lowly Paladin

• 26-12-2007 9:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Okay, I just got hooked in and decide to keep track of my experiences here on Bronze Dragonflight. Starting here in Elwynn Forest...

Story so...
    ===========
    Started Human Paladin, Algorn, on Bronze DragonFlight server on the 26th of December. Started outside of Northshire Abbey. First few quests involved me going to a mine northwest of the abbey to kill 10 kobold critters and then another 10 kobold workers. Rather easy and then left town south to meet Marshal Dughan in Goldshire and he sent me on another quest to another mine south of Goldshire. Finally I took a quest to go to Jasperlode mine. More kolbolds.
    Now It's 9pm I'm setting off.....
    But ooooh dear - I got distracted by Crystal lake. Learnt fishing - got a fishing rod - learnt cooking - oh I can make a campfire later - oh that's handy. Oh but I need flint and stone. I think I am the fish on the hook here! More later. I have been 30 seconds away from Wow! Way too long.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Went fishing at crystal lake today. Died at the hands (fins?) of two Murlac. I was careless - too confident my Lv7 paladin could take both on. Like a fool I dived into their natural habitat - the lake - needless to say, they could easily outswim an inventory overloaded Paladin with Raw smallfish. Decided to sit out the full 5 minutes until releasing the spirit to let this one sink (sic) in. It's a dangerous place but experience of a practical nature (not xp here) is a wonderful thing. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

lol wut ?

Wow. This game is dangerously addictive. I spent nearly 7 hours exploring Stormwind and all it's quarters - and I still have to go through the keep and the old part of the city. 107 vendors in my spreadsheet for that city alone. The deeprun tram is just *amazing* - especially that underwater section. I tried walking it for laughs for about 10 minutes and wisely gave up. Came back from Ironforge immediately though - my hands are shaking from WOW overuse.
    I'm slowing levelling (lv12 now) - in no hurry whatsoever. For the first 4 days I have been exploring Elwynn Forest completely and only now beginning to explore the boundries *beyond* this state. Huge. Huge Huge. The westlands look interesting across the river - dangerous monsters abound. Had some really fun quests - there was one in particular - that "Hogger" quest forced many of us to group up - and that was good.
    Went with Alchemy and Herbalism - so I spend a lot of time gathering weeds. :D Some of the food is quite good - like the Wolf spice meat - handy 15min boost to health post eating. Starting to use the mailbox in the game. Ha! Ha! True to life.
    The cost of a mounted stead is staggering - at least from the point of view - from a low level characters. - Training for example was 500g pieces. I probably only collected/spent 1g so far in comparison. Good idea though. Don't want this thing over powered in a day. But judging from the size of the continent (sorry continents) it could take a year if I cut back on some of the 2000 quests. Mad fun though eh? :)
    * Recently Goldshire had a lv70 Doomlord attack the town - right in front of me.
    WoWScrnShot_122907_225437.jpg

* It rained. Wow! Only saw it for 30 mins out of hmmm... 35 hours of play so far.
    * Jumped off a cliff near westbrook garrison (Elwynn) down a waterfall with friend. Missed the pool and insta-smashed on the rocks instead. :o

* Got slaughtered at random once by the horde (pvp turned on) - was over before I knew it (hell I though they were players originally)

Murloc runners in the distances - the bane of my existance...
    WoWScrnShot_122907_233227.jpg

The underground... strewth - blew me away - deeprun rat kabob anyone? :)
    WoWScrnShot_123007_204920.jpg

Oh, It's been 30 mins since I last logged on - oh no! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

aammm.....i think your taking rpg a bit too serious :p we dont need a dairy but fair enough none the less...something different on the forums

tom_ass19 wrote: »
    aammm.....i think your taking rpg a bit too serious :p we dont need a dairy but fair enough none the less...something different on the forums

Ha ha! No - there is no way I put a diary in here - just wouldn't have the time :D - just a flavor of the mayhem online - just suffice to say it has surprised me in the little extras it has offered so far. The tram was unexpected surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

ideal for RP server..

however i like your posts and they are better than the normal dreary eyed ****E.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Dear Lord, 7 hours exploring Stormwind? Man, you will get your bloody moneys worth, that is for damn sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I gave this a go last night. Within 40 mins i can go to every vendor in stormwind. Did you fall asleep ? or get lost ? Or even explore the same places a few times ?

I guess I spend longer in Stormwind that I originally intended - speaking to many folk there - it was particularly interesting to hear how they got there. One came from Ironforge and knew nothing about Elwynn Forest - where I was the opposite - you really do establish a background with your character. That would account for a lot of the time well spent. :) The trade district was packed with things to do - couldn't believe how busy the bank was. :eek:
    I think my favorite section was the Mage district - though the Dwarven section had some pretty cool toys and engineering options - one being a mechanical ostrich. Most weaponary/scrolls is only available to high levels :D Was anyone in the Champions hall - some of the items in there were unreal with equally unreal honour point costs. Won't be back to Stormwind for awhile - taken an extended adventure to Westfall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

lol, dude this is classic! i remember when i started playing wow with few mates and we were full of wonder. went swimming and got lost for about 2 hours n discovered southshore. Was brilliant! Just wait untill your lvl 70 and raiding and wont give a ratsass about exploring! lol! Half the time i log on is for a raid then i log off! End of game time! lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

This brings back old memories. Do continue trusted Paladin. Tell us more of your tales of valor.

goodlad wrote: »
    Just wait untill your lvl 70 and raiding and wont give a ratsass about exploring!

that's when the game becomes unfun :)

I remember at 60 while everyone else was raiding, I was exploring Old Ironforge and the airport on top of Ironforge.. Along with a secret farm that overlooked the Wetlands. There's always something to check out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Brings back good memories of when I was levelling my paladin :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Ivan wrote: »
    Dear Lord, 7 hours exploring Stormwind? Man, you will get your bloody moneys worth, that is for damn sure.
    heh, definitely.

Just wait until you are about level 18 hamster and take your first trip through the deadmines. Fun times :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

So where's the next installment?

Getting really into the Westlands. Gosh - this place couldn't be more different than Elwynn Forest. It looks like Kansas, sun shiveled crops and weeds astray. The north and east coast of this area is amazing - a bit like Half life2 - populated by hostile Murlocs of every kind - even a Murloc hunter with its old pet sea crawler - I'm scared just to go on the beach to get herbs. They run like speed and love a crowd.
    eveningHunt2.jpg

After visiting the first few farms sorting simple gather quests (a lost heirloom and key) - a group of us took on some of the large Harvest watchers there - scary Freddy Kruger style jerk-electronics. Great fun fighting these things.
    watchOut.jpg

Later on the next day - followed the abandoned road west and then south - meeting Defias bandits along the way. It's vunerable being a Paladin when not in a group (so I try most times) - those fireball wielding Defias can wear you down from the back ranks.
    eveningHunt1.jpg

Later after dusk, I spotted a Tauren - had pvp turned on and so had he apparently. I dug into him and must have surprised him since he was still arranging his weapons after the first two blows. He summoned something - could have been a wolf - I was still shocked at seeing this guy - I sure I was going to die right there and then being several levels beneath him. He started to turn - turned on my paladin shield (that's wolf was really biting my behind) - rehealed and fired off my seals and amazingly the Tauren went down. I waited around the cliffs (near a place called Gold coast) and sure enough a mounted white tiger with a high ranking Orc came over the horizon looking for me (level was ??) - he (Chompy) must have had friends near by. That encounter was pretty cool and unexpected. My first encounter with the enemy. Up until that moment - I was wrapped in my quest collecting Gnoll paws and red Bandannas. Definitely agree that PvP adds spice to the mix.
    Chompy_TheTauren.jpg

Westfall is a really nice mix with the lush green Elwynn - the beastiary is getting more interesting - I met some dust devils and later some Greater Fleshrippers on the beach gutting a whale! Currently have set camp at the Sentinel Hill Inn. I think I could spend another day here... the southwest and south has hardly been touched... and what lay yonder those great mountains?
    map.jpg

I have to say, after quickly viewing the first post you made, I thought you were a bit of a loser.

But after having a quick read thru it all, fair play to ya! Looks like your having fun : ) Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

westfall :D

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kermitdfrog

Keep them coming, great read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Really enjoyed reading those. Would love to have that experience again :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

Write on!

Keep the stories coming. It reminds me of better times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

dlofnep wrote: »
    Keep the stories coming. It reminds me of better times.

Me too.

I'll never forget the first time I ascended the steps of Ironforge, with the big grand music kicking in, griffins flying overhead, and those huge pillars and statues. It was amazing, especially after spending a good few hours of play time in the little village below, it gave a great sense of scale. I rolled a few alts after that, but never got the same feeling again.

Then seeing all the crazy ass shìt in there...

I was like "What the fùck is that big blue thing following you? and how do I get one?" to anyone with a void walker.

Game was good up to about lvl 50... then it just takes a ridiculous amount of time to do anything.

So basically; keep it up Hamster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

My point was you were all going "ahhh how great would it to be his level again all the amazment and ****",

I don't envy being his level, it makes me nostalgic as its how i remember the game when i first started. Sure if i envied being his level i'd reroll on a new sevcer. WHat i miss at times is that everything was new and exciting...even running from one place to another.
    but when you think about it, and i mean really think about it, the game sucks ass then, you dont know where to go, what to do, your barely able to master your class, your bills are gold breaking, you have to walk for miles to do quests, and the list just goes on and on.
    Its boring now cos ive done it so often but it wasnt boring the first few times.
    Once you master a class it removed a dimension from the game. I'm still rolling alts and its fun again (in a way) thanks to the new speed lvling but it will never be how it was. Bring on wotlk!

I really dunno why your insulting this chap or calling people retards for having a different opinion. You sound a bit like a condescending muppet to me.

Mr. Paladin. Come back.. My heart aches for your tales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

hamster wrote: »
    I sure I was going to die right there and then being several levels beneath him.

Lies! You ganked him, he is only 15 now so he coudln't have been higher!!!

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bronze+Dragonflight&n=Chompy

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bronze+Dragonflight&n=Algorn

I would make a great detective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Thread cleaned up from the complete garbage.
    Come back, hamster!

Thanks Welley - that's awesome - I think when I did that battle I probably was lv16 so I probably had the edge. - although he probably was surprised as much as I was (I had not directly seen any Horde 1-1 until then). Thanks for the links! :)

Threading carefully now... ;)

After finishing the Defias Miltia quest I went back to Stormwind with a pocketwatch from a previous quest. First time using the Flight Master's. Wow, that flight was smooth, fast and spectacular! 99c one way flight to the city centre a bargain. :D Again, great to see the trip as seamless as possible with the game.
    grpRideStormwind.jpg
    I heard about travel between the major landmasses and look forward to that.
    From there I had intended to go to Redridge mountains to the east later that day but spent another evening and night's adventure in Westfall instead. From Sentinel Hill in Westfall I got yet another Defias quest - but this to the extreme south Dagger Hill mountains.
    latestmap.jpg
    While Defias Highwaymen were easy to beat it was tricky against more than 2 of them. Luckily there was a group of us there and we went up that hill and down the other side and back up again slaughtering defias after defias til dusk - mana was flying in all directions. That was the best rip I had in ages and throughly enjoyed that. It's a neat point in WoW that you can group up temporarily and regroup later.
    groupHunt.jpg
    By game's end no doubt you'll have an old veteran friend whispering to you "I need to get 15 dragon talons. wanna link up?" :)
    Afterwards I went down to coastline and wow - the place is a adventure paradise - a lighthouse on the rocks, a dungeon near the cliffface and more Murlocs running up and down the beach.
    fishing.jpg
    I went out for a quick dip and had a quick scout around. You gotta love the way the seabed suddenly plummets a mile down a bit out - that was freaky. I didn't go too far as I suddenly became tired and spotted a reef shark and reckoned that it had favorable odds for now. :)
    seaedge.jpg

Looking further south I could see Stranglethorn vale - Blizzard have done an amazing job at joining the seams. Daggerfall and Oblivion do a good job. Really noticed how well this was done when I accidently entered what looked like another mine... but the name... Deadmines - got my respect. I heard that name mentioned a few times and will be back there soon enough.
    Oily Blackfish are hard to find and I came across a shoal just off the lighthouse rocks - only just discovered you could make a fast swin spell and breathe water - wonder how far I could go scuba diving with that? :D With all that kelp and bounds of clams around could come in handy.
    The lighthouse's occupant requested some oil flasks... I did recall getting one against those monster harvesters at the Jansen farm boarding Elwynn several days ago. Another trip is in order...
    God this place is huge and damn Blizzard for soaking up my spare time! :)

Curious to know if anyone visited every state on both landmasses with a single character???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

This guy is a legend.

Keep up the good work man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

Must... resist... urge... to... reinstall.

Advertisement