Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Life and times of Algorn the lowly Paladin

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I resisted until recently...and now i think i'm loving it more then i ever did, which annoys me. But this thread is cool, keep it up hamster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

really enjoying reading your story man...really brings a different side to wow altogether. gz keep up the good work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

even though its hard to shake the feeling that this is a troll of some sorts, it reminds me exactly why, after quitting 3 times, im still playing 3 years later.

Welcome to the world of warcraft azeroth:)
    Curious to know if anyone visited every state on both landmasses with a single character???

Oh, how your going to learn :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

hamster wrote: »
    Curious to know if anyone visited every state on both landmasses with a single character???

hehe, you will soon find out that a lot of people your playing with are just alts and have several chars. I myself have 3 lvl 70 chars and 2 more chars in in the mid 60's, hehe :D:D
    And somehow i still manage to have a life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

Dustaz wrote: »
    even though its hard to shake the feeling that this is a troll of some sorts...

Or a Blizzard employee, trying to lure us all back!

Only messin hamster, keep it coming, I'm waiting to hear about your first trip to the Deadmines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Hehe - DM go go go - spent so much time in that instance when my pally was in his 40's, running through, getting the drops, disenchanting them and selling the shards ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I was thinking it was a troll from the first post but who would be arsed taking all those screenshots if it was :P

nice thread, good read :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Come back hamster !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Admitedly at first i thought hamster was a troll too but after reading down through the posts its quite clear there are no trolls to be found here (possibly in orgrimmar but not here) i take it all back the more i read of your adventures the more i like it. Its a very good idea you have keep the stories coming there great.

I'm a new player too im on my first alliance character who is now up to level 50! And looking back i remember 6 months ago all the things hamster is doing. You will enjoy the Deadmines. Your very first instance run is unforgetable. I hope you get a good group when you run it. But as its been said before thats nothing compaired to what lies ahead of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

it's taken you 6 months to get to level 50 :O

• Advertisement

Pft, i have almost 18 days played with my Pally...and i'm only level65 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Almost brought a tear to a shrivelled up undead eye. ;)

Must confess I was prey to the general cynicism on first glance, but it really is a reminder of how the game felt for me when I started.

I'm currently not playing hugely seriously, just watching my guild's raid progress, and doing a few dailies, etc. Nice to remember how it used to seem. ;)

DRakE wrote: »
    it's taken you 6 months to get to level 50 :O

Yep unfortunatly Real Life tends to get in the way. As much as id just love to come home from work lash on WoW and play 3 hours a night i cant. I have a family and a small 4 year old boy (who i have corrupted and is now playing WoW too) So i get to play about twice during the week then i go on a wow bender every fri and sat night! from 11 till about 3am

On Avg 12 - 14 hours a week for 6 months getting to 50 isnt bad. And to be fair Pre 2.3 patch the game was allot harder to go up in levels quests were allot tougher and those damn elite mobs in stonewatch and stormgarde keep were simply a nightmare pre 2.3. The first 4 and a half months of play i went from 1 to 34 in the last month and a half i've gone from 34 to 50 (well 49 im almost 50)

takes me roughly 6/7 days playing time to get to 50. But i should have it down to 4.8 or maybe 5 at the most with this huntard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Finally went to the Deadmines the other day looking for Miner cards. Later we realised we weren't even in Deadmines proper and still got downright chaotic later - it was a right blast watching each others backs. Still have to go back and finish it. Plenty of Undead around <shiver>... casts repel undead. Going to come back with a decent group to get to the bottom.
    deadmines.jpg

Later went back over some earlier quests with friends to help out catching old Murk Eye. Never a dull moment. :) Later back in Stormwind I found that folk pay crazy amounts of gold for simple herbs - such as Mageroyal and Thistle - getting 2-3g per batch of 20 - amazing since vendors only buy it for 2-5 silver depends on the reagent.
    oldMurkEye.jpg

The next night I headed east of Ewlynn to Redridge mountains and dropped in at Lakeshire for some Paladin work. A nice change from Westfall arid climate - this one reminded me of the Rockies.
    redridgemountains.jpg
    Lakeshire wanted the Gnoll threat removed from the village. Later I had to enter Lake Everstill to put a stop to Murlocs raiding the fish - I tried out a 30min water breathing potion and that was a blast. Past a few floating corpses of luckless adventurers in the water and saw this massive green Nessie lookalike Lake Thresher not far off. Far off to the northwest I could see overrun fort controlled by Blackrock orcs. Another quest on the horizon. Came across my first dragon - and these damn larger condor birds that I had to kill 20+ to find some meat for a recipe in town. One area was so thick with wildlife such as these you had to watch your back.
    lakeEverstill.jpg

Later took another trip to Ironforge to get some new quests and eventually make my way to Dun Lochan. I never saw outside the city and what a sight it was.
    firstGlimpseDunM.jpg

Now standing outside looking over the valley - all white, with snow crunching under my feet with my footprints. Maybe stay here for awhile. Get some quests in before dark. :)
    OutsideIronForge.jpg

Truly massively epic... So I started a Tauren Druid a continent away...Early days but at least one way to get a glimpse of the other side! The Tauren early quests have an Indian tribes trials feel to it.
    tauren.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Good thread, makes me want to play again. I only ever had two characters, lvl 38 and 20 something. Guess I got bored before everyone else.

Loving it hammy, but wait till you hit the stepps of ZF when you have about 100 mobs comming towards you and 4 others. You will sit there and try and pick your jaw up off the floor While trying to work out how to survive !

And as for the tauren, id suggest you drop it. They are no fun at all. Pick a undead rogue/lock for some fun. The areas the tauren will goto, ar ethe same as what you will go to on your pally at about lvl 32ish.

And if you think herbs sell well..... Well your in for a shock. And yeah each server is different. lvl 19.29.39,39 etc etc twink( X9 blue items with high stats ) items go a hell of a lot higher on pvp/pve realms then RP. For example, i sold a sliverblade for 250g yesterday !!! And Runecloth ( lvl 45ish+ ) in bolts of 10 go for 11g+. Mageweave is the same price. And wool can be even higher at times. Gems rarly sell well on AH, so just throw them into your guild bank ( if you have aguild or a guild bank yet ) As others will be happy with it. And for a RP example, i can sell a wedding dress on a RP server for 300g. I know, i dont understand serious rp people myself !! And yes you can buy your wow bitch a engagement ring too !

but if your really looking for some cashola, leather is the way forward. From a early level it makes great money so its wise to have an alt with it to farm for a few hours a day/week to supply you with a steady cash flow.

Um... I was commenting on how i enjoyed your posts, butsomehow i ended up giving you advice, which im sure the more experienced players will rip to shreds :D But keep it up hammy, and take your time to enjoy the game, dont rush it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Dropped into Duskwood the other night... typically it was just nightfall, the skies just open with rain and the wolves were howling. Duskwood is one creepy place. Some really interesting side quests here.
    darkshire.jpg

Later on the next evening I went down the road towards Raven Hill and I came across 4 night watchers protecting the road - when I saw this huge rotting, bloated white zombie abomination come lumbering down the road towards us. It proceed to mash the 4 guards to pieces and a passing night elf in the bargain. Something to take on later.
    stiches.jpg

Last night, finally went to finish Deadmines. A group of us went to the bottom - one hellva ride the way. Some of the highlights was taking on Sneed and his shredder mechanical toy - that and sneed kept us entertained for 5 minutes. These elites have some much health! The goblins are hilarious but so easy to underestimate them.
    Sneed.jpg

When we finally reached Ironclad Cove - the size of the place blew me away! The ship had so much for an army - with countless pirates around. Some real classic bosses here - Mr Smite the first mate, Mr cookie - a Murloc! lol!
    IroncladCove.jpg
    cookie.jpg
    And then finally VanCleff. It probably took about 3 hours for the whole show and was a great blast. Think I could go down there countless times and never bore of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Anti wrote: »
    Loving it hammy, but wait till you hit the stepps of ZF when you have about 100 mobs comming towards you and 4 others. You will sit there and try and pick your jaw up off the floor While trying to work out how to survive !

I'm on my second L70 - and still only found one thing to beat the stairs in ZF - that's the Opera Event in Karazhan. ZF stairs - best event Pre-BC.

Keep it coming hamster!

Deadmines was one of the coolest things youu come scross in Warcraft, especially for the first instance that you (as Alliance) can realistically do. I'd love a heroic version :)

I'm also gonna do all the instances that i ever missed in the next couple of days (bar the obvious MC/BWL ones that i cant solo). I dont actually think i ever cleared ZF, nevermind Gnomergan (which i despised thanks to the worst run of Pugs ever).

Keep up updated Hamster :)

• Advertisement

Yea have to admit ZF was one of THE coolest instance runs I've ever done. Its my absolute favourite even fighting Ghar'zilla (end boss i think) is cool.

I still have shivers everytime i think of gnomer. I have never met a player yet that likes running Gnomergan. Its the only instance i have ever left and abandoned all the quests for out of frustration.

At level 52 now i reckon i could go back and have a look?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Its the damn music in Gnomer that i hate,

Went there with my first character and since then have NEVER returned and have 7 70s now. Screw that hellhole

'AL wrote:
    [EN;54934934']Yea have to admit ZF was one of THE coolest instance runs I've ever done. Its my absolute favourite even fighting Ghar'zilla (end boss i think) is cool.

I still have shivers everytime i think of gnomer. I have never met a player yet that likes running Gnomergan. Its the only instance i have ever left and abandoned all the quests for out of frustration.

At level 52 now i reckon i could go back and have a look?

Yup, ive been able to solo it since 48ish . Well saying that, 48 was the only time i went in there with this toon as i hate the place so much.

WellyJ wrote: »
    Its the damn music in Gnomer that i hate,

Thats funny cos thats the Exact same thing my guild leader says about gnomer. He absoutely hates the music, I dont really mind it that much, Its just the horribleness of the mobs inside and the frustration of it all that gets me. It badly needs a re-vamp

Have an Alliance Shaman now and a Rouge and neither of them are going ANYWHERE near gnomer i just abandoned the quests as soon as i got them.

I'm gonna run through it tonight, for the first time since my original character went through about 1 1/2 years ago. Granted, he's about 50 levels higher then he was then, but it will still probably suck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I love gnomeregan.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

I think the main reason people hate it is that its the first instance that people in your pugged up group have to actually take on a role within the group and not just run around bashing everything that moves... which ends in wiping a lot. If you have a guild or it isn't your first time there and you knew what you were doing and could find other players who knew what they were doing it wouldn't be too bad i'd say.

In saying that, after running into those little red siren robots that spawn loads of mobs if you attack them or get near them, I quit gnomer and abandoned all the quests after members of teh group I was in just kept attacking them after being repeatedly told not to -.- Stressful

Ran through it yesterday to get some gear for an alt, and i'd forgotten how bloody big the place is. Huge place, and i didnt have a clue where i was going. Cleared it though, and got some decent non-bop blues. Then i sent everything i got to the wrong character :(

Kiith wrote: »
    Ran through it yesterday to get some gear for an alt, and i'd forgotten how bloody big the place is. Huge place, and i didnt have a clue where i was going. Cleared it though, and got some decent non-bop blues. Then i sent everything i got to the wrong character :(

Ouch :(

• Advertisement

Actually just read over Hampsters last post!! and lo and behold there is good old stiches in duskwood!! remember him! i havent seen him since i was in the high 20's. Must pop back and say hello now that im mid 50's

I'd like to see if he really is as scary as i remember he was!

Advertisement