Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Life and times of Algorn the lowly Paladin

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

In saying that, after running into those little red siren robots that spawn loads of mobs if you attack them or get near them, I quit gnomer and abandoned all the quests after members of teh group I was in just kept attacking them after being repeatedly told not to -.- Stressful

You have to attack the robots. If you kill them, they dont spawn guards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

'AL wrote:
    [EN;55018107']Actually just read over Hampsters last post!! and lo and behold there is good old stiches in duskwood!! remember him! i havent seen him since i was in the high 20's. Must pop back and say hello now that im mid 50's

I'd like to see if he really is as scary as i remember he was!

He should be rather easy for you to take down now. I cant remember but i went back looking for him when i was mid lvl 40's Granted i let the pet do all the tanking. But was a one sided fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Your dead right! what an anti climatic battle he was! granted he has a decent amount of hit points so i had a hard time near the end when i ran out of mana but i still managed to killed him solo as a holy pally.

He's a 35+ mob but he has something insane like 12,000 hit points that isnt right is it? all i got was his lousy femur bone too which really wasnt worth the fight.

'AL wrote:
    [EN;55047586']Your dead right! what an anti climatic battle he was! granted he has a decent amount of hit points so i had a hard time near the end when i ran out of mana but i still managed to killed him solo as a holy pally.

He's a 35+ mob but he has something insane like 12,000 hit points that isnt right is it? all i got was his lousy femur bone too which really wasnt worth the fight.

Its BOP too :( Cant even sell it to rp'ers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

HaHa you know thats exactly what i thought too mate.

I play on a RP server (i know i know but all my mates play on it so what can you do) so id say i could sell it for a fortune if it wasnt BoP, Personally i'd much prefer to play on a normal server or even a PvP server but none of my friends will move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

yeah wow kicksass my friends here play cs and say wow sucks but ill never stop:p i have a 70 pala which is realy quite boring and almost have a 70 mage:) in my opp its the best game ever created
    cant wait for the expansion pack:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Algorn here - still going...

/played..
    43days 2hrs since xmas.. oh dear god :D

I must say what a rip its been so far and taking my time at it too (still only lv60) as a protect pally. At this stage visited most places bar outland. Hope to finish that first - just too much fun and quests to do.
    Not too mention the joys of AH. 4K in gold and now drooling over those ridiculously overpriced mooncloth bags. Always new gear to chase after. Loads of fun memories and friends.

Some random shots:
    Handing in 12 trinkets for Grand Master Trinket at the Arena in STV. Early start that morning. :P
    WoWScrnShot_040708_181451.jpg

Fire and Brimstone to get through to get Stratholme Holy water for the Charger mount. This instance looks particularly cool.
    WoWScrnShot_041208_220226.jpg

A pvp mad friend of mine got us together to raid Crossroads in the Barrens for 20mins. That was some laugh with some non pvp orcs cheering us on. The Inn was out of action during that time. Think we were in our 40s at that time.
    raid.jpg

ZF.. this was mind blowing the first time I saw it. I heard ppl talk about it a lot but wasn't prepared for that sight. That was some cool fight.
    ZF_364.jpg

I'm on Bronze Dragonflight - not sure if anyone knew that - but amazingly enough - one of you tracked me down and reminded me of my post. Small world indeed! lol

It's the buddies online that make it - no doubt about it. Addictive stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Our hero has returned!

Nice to hear more from your epic journey hamster.

Keep it coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Next time dont leave it quite as long, this is quickly becoming a legendary thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Prot pally /high-five :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

We need daily updates for 60-70. Legend!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Excellent thread. You seem to have forgotten about us though. Thats a pretty big jump in levels. And 43 days /played?? Holy monkey. Glad to hear you are enjoying it though.

Fair play hammy. Keep it comming !

how do you have so much gold man, share the secret:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Well he has 43 days played at level 60....

Which is a HUGE amount.

So its probably normal AH trading that has gotten him so much gold.

Haha... see the grand arena master scrshot... I love selling herbs,blkoil and firefin,receipes on AH. But really, I just spent ages collecting the stuff.

Yeah, that'll do it... ages spent doing pretty much anything will make you a fortune in WoW :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Ashaman

Hey mate great thread keep it going!Ill help you get that charger dont worry :)

Haasy

Finally up an update. :D
    Went into Sholomance and finished the paladin charger quest! It took about 10mins of ghosts and finally darkreaver himself. Went through buckets of super mana - but it was worth it.
    pallyQ1.png

Never thought I'd see the day - but finally got the charger pally mount at lv64. It's been emotional to say the least! Feels absolutely fantastic and guys the who you team up with in that game! :D

pallyQ4.png

pallyQ3.png

The day before I was in Z'Grub for a 20 man raid - a real way to spend the rest of the afternoon. I think we did two bosses and came out with 2 heads for the heads collection quest for Island Trolls..

zulgrub.png

Currently in Outland having a massive Herbathon to collect some gold. 754 quests, 55 game days and counting - this is a way of life! (better get out and see some sun!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Good updates:)

How in the name of hell have you managed to play for that long but only be on level 60 though???
    Think I'm on 22 days playtime at the moment and have been at 70 for a very large chunk of that

• Advertisement

tman wrote: »
    Good updates:)

How in the name of hell have you managed to play for that long but only be on level 60 though???
    Think I'm on 22 days playtime at the moment and have been at 70 for a very large chunk of that

I was spending a lot of time helping in lower areas and spent ages in stv (again and again) - someone was always looking for shadow panthers. Happy memories there. :D

What a hero! Are you 70 yet? :pac:

i'd imagine he must be by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I for one would love to see another update if you're reading, hamster.

It looks like he has hit 70 and started tanking in kara:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bronze+Dragonflight&n=Algorn

Wow - this thread is still active! Well, that game is sure dangerously overloadedly addictive. Been busy and progressing with a really friendly small-medium sized guild. Up to that point I recently started getting the ball rolling on pre-kara gear. Since there I have been on a lot of raid fun for gear. Again the guildies have been awesome and starting to see a lot more end of game content before wotlk rolls in.
    So much going on over the last 4 weeks.

One of my early favorites is Old Hillsbrad - getting rep gear here meant a few trips - but throughly enjoyed this light hearted outdoor run.
    oldHillsbrad.png

Many trips were taken to SteamVaults for a tanking cloak that would not drop for 12 runs over 2 weeks. For a blue item it was a lovely cloak. This was soon replaced in the 1st run in kara by the thorium cloak. Many, many runs were done in Seth Halls for Lower city - for rep gear again. Soon Slave Pens became suitable for badge runs and it's great fun with the guys on vent.

On the side we went on a naked gnome race from IF to Astranaar in Ashenvale. Many entertaining 1 hit deaths involving crocs, raptors, bears and spiders occurred along the way. I managed to come in last 1 second behind the GM. :D But to balance it - a mate came 1st. A real case of racing to each graveyard. lol. But here is a shot of us entertaining crowds just before we took off on our 40min run...
    naked_gnome_race.png

Over the last few weeks - Kara has been real fun - each boss entertaining - one of my favorite has to be Nightbane. Eerie the way he comes in slowly before the fight.
    kara_nightbane.png
    On the 2nd night we got up to the Prince. The feeble debuff was learnt fast lol. An eerie view from the top. Entertaining stuff.
    prince_kara2.png
    prince_kara.png
    A few days later a trip to Mag was in order, the 25 man team worked well 1st time and after 15mins produced a bag of gems which I got a very lucky roll on. It was a frantic cube switching match (to hold the dragon in place) and running over and bashing him once in awhile and then running back to do the cube again. lol.
    mag_lair.png

Later we tried our look at SSC - The Lurker and practised some trash pulls - that night we had some DCs and 2 attempts. But wasnt to be (many of us were new that night - but was entertaining all the same). Here we were about to fish for him to come out..
    lurker_ssc.png

A few days later - a trip to ZA - we got as far as boss 4 (the cat lord) and ouch as off tank I still didnt have enough hp to stay alive too long. However we got plenty of badges from the previous 3 bosses who werent bad - still died a few times learning about the trick of falling bombs - the eagle lord.
    cat_lord_ZA.png

The Guild is working on BT atm - and we had a clear and learn attempt at the trash mobs. All went very well until we got to boss one. We learnt about the spike that this guy uses - I was impaled 5mins into the fight. Many funny moments were spent watching our mates if they got spiked :D
    bt.png
    But we hope to be back soon and try again. The biggest battle is ensuring 25 stable net connections (mostly BT across the water).

You gotta admit, its kinda amazing looking back over the past 9 months and seeing how far you've come :)

Brings a tear to my eye, I'm so proud :D

<3 prot paladin, btw!

Prot palas represent!

[Edit]
    Just had a look at your spec, and I think there are some improvements you could make if you are interested...

Reckoning isnt that useful for end game tanking, at the moment it wont proc when an attack is a dodge, parry, miss or block. Since you are uncrushable while tanking end-game, all attacks are a dodge, parry, miss or block. Hence, this ability isnt useful at all.

Likewise, Retribution aura, will not proc in similar conditions.

One handed weapon specilisation and spell warding are 2 great talents. One increases our already poor mitigation and the other increases our threat output from all sources.

Pursuit of justice can be useful, but it really isnt worth it over the other talents you are missing out on. At the very least, you can pick up improved judgement of the crusader, to increase the raids crit chance by 3% while also increase your own threat output.

[/Edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Ashaman

Heya mate Haasy here great updates as usual good look in Sunwell tommorrow Friday ill be back on Tuesday for BT :D

Advertisement