Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia 3341 Ethernet Problem

Options
  • 27-12-2007 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

My ethernet cable is in the back of my modem, and in the back of my Console. I have a netopia 3341 modem with Eircom Broadband in Ireland. When i plug in my Ethernet cable to the modem, the lights don't light up. At all. I'm getting the 'Network Adapter' Disconnected message. When infact it is connected.

So, I dunno what to do. This is a picture of the back of my modem, if that helps. Only one ethernet port:

usb-yesno.gif

Here's what my Modem Homepage shows when the ethernet Cable Is connected, If this helps:

huhet8.jpg

See, it says it's disconnected, when it's connected, I think this could be the problem, possibly..

Any help would really really be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

That ethernet port could be a WAN port -- haven't seen much of that particular router so not sure.

Are you using a crossover lead or a patch lead for connecting your console?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

It's just a straight lead from Console to Modem, I'm not sure about crossover leads or patch leads, could you help?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Johann. wrote: »
    It's just a straight lead from Console to Modem, I'm not sure about crossover leads or patch leads, could you help?
    It's either a patch or crossover lead. A patch lead is used for connecting a PC, console, etc. to a router whereas a crossover lead is used for connecting two PCs directly (no router/switch involved). It's worth ruling out a dodgy cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

It's not a WAN port. It's a regular ethernet port.
    I've come accross alot 3341s with a faulty ethernet port.

Most of them also had a problem getting both the ethernet and USB working at the same time. Some could do it, others couldn't. In theory they should work together.

You're looking at either a faulty modem, dodgy ethernet cable and the possibility of a faulty ethernet port on the console.

Disconnect the USB and connect the console with the ethernet cable on it's own. See what happens.

Advertisement