Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help please

• 27-12-2007 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

2139702484_18124971a9_o.jpg
    reason for pic took this to show you my prob then i clicked the exit on the boards tab which lost the text then i would usually just click history and recently closed tab's but it's gone too
    hope someone can help me:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

ricky91t wrote: »
    reason for pic took this to show you my prob then i clicked the exit on the boards tab which lost the text then i would usually just click history and recently closed tab's but it's gone too
    hope someone can help me:D

Laptop needs a reinstall of windows to many problems here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭conor2007

sigh windows

ye m reinstall

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

lads, a reinstall won't solve problems with inheritable settings or malware or viruses

for that you'd need to format and reinstall and that's only if all else all fails

if it's running painfully slow then do a malware scan
    use the manufacturers diags to test the HDD, or www.hdtune.com , symptons would be drive trashing

another option with XP is boot into safe mode F8 and all that and use system restore to roll back to when it was last stable if you haven't rolled that far back yet.

don't forget to unplug all the peripherials and undo any recent installs in case it's something trivial

wiping teh hardrive and reinstall is easiest , considered how screwed it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Format and reinstal is a drastic measure at this stage and certainly wont help if it is a hardware-related issue . It may not necessarily fix any software/malware issue either .

I'd run a HDD test first , as suggested by Capt'n Midnight . Also undo any recent hardware and software changes you may have performed .

If that doesnt shed any light on the matter I'd advise running HijackThis , available free here ... http://www.merijn.org/programs.php#hijackthis . Do not make any changes suggested by the program - just save the log file and post it on a forum such as http://forums.techguy.org/ where you will get expert analysis of the logfile .

Seriously , while it may be that you need to wipe or replace your HDD that should be a last resort . I've seen plenty of machines that 'seemed screwed' and took less than 30 mins to fix . Until the problem is identified you cant assume any particular course of action will be the fix for this .

• Advertisement

case maybe

but if this is the main computer , ye kinda need it right away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

OP - you need to get Adaware on the case ASAP.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

conor2007 wrote: »
    case maybe

but if this is the main computer , ye kinda need it right away
    if you format you loose all your data and settings

so formatting your main computer is a LAST resort only to be done after a full backup and you have tested the backup so that you can restore from it.

Advertisement