Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Penneys Returns

• 27-12-2007 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hey,

Does anyone know if Penneys do returns/swaps without receipt? And/or Dunnes for that matter?

Got a number of items of underwear that are a tad on the large size. I appreciate family members wish to be diplomatic in these matters by giving medium, but if you've a 30 inch waist, nothing but small will suffice in that department! ;)

Labels and packaging still on, but price stickers removed.

Thanks

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Both Dunnes and Penneys do not exchange underwear sets. Penneys will take back bras on their own but thats it, not sure about dunnes.

You might get an exchange if you're lucky, but the shop has no reason to give you an exchange or refund without a receipt :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Doubt you will have any luck returning underwera, and even if you do slip thru the net, you'll have to settle for an exchange of something, penneys dont do refunds or credit notes for that matter..

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Deflector

Oh of course - I forgot that policy on underwear. Dammit.

Thanks anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭katiemac

You should be able to exchange your undies for some other undies once you did not try them on. I presume they are still in the bags they came in!
    If not, you can hardly expect someone to take back your soiled knickers to be sold to someone else.
    Just thinking, your family must be very mean and tight to be buying you underwear in places like the aforementioned. And underwear is such a personal thing that only partners really buy them.
    Maybe your family were trying to give you a hint and get you to dispose of your old, frayed, holey undies for more attractive, modern and fashionable knickers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Try to sell them on e-bay. Use the money to get some undies that fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Deflector

katiemac wrote: »
    your family must be very mean and tight to be buying you underwear in places like the aforementioned. And underwear is such a personal thing that only partners really buy them.

Not at all. We still do the stocking filler thingy, so the packs of undies are as much a staple of Christmas as the token mandarin.
    Sure who doesn't get these at Christmas?!

Yes I'll try a swap thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭**elaine**

Penneys will not take back briefs/boxers even if they are unopened and in packaging. Says it on the back of the reciepts.

You should be able to exchange your undies for some other undies once you did not try them on. I presume they are still in the bags they came in!

There is an EU directive which prohibits the exchange of underwear without seals for hygenie reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

you wont have any luck without reciept I think. I had same problem before and tried to return a t shirt but as I had no reciept they wouldnt do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

Doubt you will have any luck returning underwera, and even if you do slip thru the net, you'll have to settle for an exchange of something, penneys dont do refunds or credit notes for that matter..

They do refunds... I've gotten some in the past.
    They won't take back knickers but will take back bra's and corset tops which is pretty fair imo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

Just thinking, your family must be very mean and tight to be buying you underwear in places like the aforementioned. And underwear is such a personal thing that only partners really buy them.
    Maybe your family were trying to give you a hint and get you to dispose of your old, frayed, holey undies for more attractive, modern and fashionable knickers
    Wha???? THat's what Christmas is all about - stocking up on underwear (including socks)! If a mother gave a daughter crotchless pants, then I think that would be odd, but normal knickers is really quite a standard and necessary item of clothing.
    Deflector wrote: »
    Sure who doesn't get these at Christmas?!
    -> That's what I thought!

And how can you say the family 'must be mean and tight'????? That's such a strange and judgemental view of the OP's family. You don't know how much money was spent/what else she got.

Btw, OP, with a 30" waist you could perhaps be fine with 'medium' as well as small - they do have elastics on them. Have you tried them on? I presume you are talking about pants/knickers since you mention your waist. I also think that most shops won't exchange pants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Penneys will only do exchanges during the month of January without a receipt, Dunnes do it all the time, but generally they don't exchange underwear unless it's faulty. You could still chance your arm, if it's boxed and unopened they may let you change it for a smaller size.

Advertisement