Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exceeding eircom quota/cap...

Options
  • 27-12-2007 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

howdy all.
    i'm almost up at the monthly broadband allowance basically due to it being christmas and having more time than usual.

Anyway, say if it does get up yo 22 or 23 gigabytes out with a monthly cap of 20 gigabytes, what is the usual routine with Eircom? Do they impose a charge or just throttle traffic once you go over it?

The eircom page says that:
    Excess usage charge 1c (ex VAT) per MB (i)
    If you exceed your download allowance, eircom do reserve the right to charge you for any additional usage for that given month. You can always check how much of your capacity you have used in a given month here www.broadbandsupport.eircom.net

Is this always the case? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've gone over my cap with them plenty of times in the past and have not been charged for it, admittedly not in the last couple of months though. Don't worry about it as no one has been charged yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

That question has been asked here before a few times. Nobody's ever been done for going over the cap or had their speeds throttled. They did write a letter to one guy who posted here because he was raping the system and going wayyyy over his cap every month and suggested he change to a different package. And he complained about it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement