Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ted Baker on grafton street

Options
  • 27-12-2007 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

At dinner on christmas we were talking about the "joys of christmas shopping". My dad said he was in ted baker on grafton street and he was standing looking at something near the counter and he over heard a girl asking to return an item to which they said they dont give cash returns, only store credit.

Im pretty much 100% sure that goes against the sale of goods/supply of services act thingy.. Isnt every customer entitled to a full refund provided said item is as they got it?

Lets consider my point to be true and they refuse me my return. How would i argue my case? Aside from asking to speak to the manager who will only remind me of the "store policy". Do i stand there any kick up a fuss untill they give me my money or would i go to the police or something? My main concern at getting my return this time of the year would be that it drags on into the jan sales, which when you go to return an item they give you the cost of the item at presant, not when you bought it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

they only have to give a refund if the item is defective or not fit for its perpose. If the girl was just returning it because she didn't like it or want it, they are within their rights to only offer store credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

You're only entitled to a refund if the goods are not as described or if there is a fault with them. The retailer is not obliged to take anything back, or even give store credit if the item sold and being returned is in perfect nick and the buyer just changed their mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

wow - cool thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Why dont you read the sticky about basic consumer rights at the start of this board. You are entitled to nothing unless it is faulty or not fit for purpose. There are so many people talking out of their arses "I am entitled to......." Rubbish !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Why dont you read the sticky about basic consumer rights at the start of this board. You are entitled to nothing unless it is faulty or not fit for purpose. There are so many people talking out of their arses "I am entitled to......." Rubbish !

oh shut up you arse. Its against the forum charter to not understand a situation and how to deal with it now is it? Dont answer, i dont care - the users who have some people skills already answered my question. Go back under your rock

• Advertisement

Obviously you are one of the people who doesnt give a crap and you blame everyone around you. The sticky was put at the start of the forum so people can get the answer, but then, I guess you have to be able to read to understand it.

Happy new year tosser !

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

red_ice wrote: »
    oh shut up you arse. Its against the forum charter to not understand a situation and how to deal with it now is it? Dont answer, i dont care - the users who have some people skills already answered my question. Go back under your rock

he's right, alot of people think they know their rights, now calm down

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Cabaal wrote: »
    he's right, alot of people think they know their rights, now calm down

Too true,I can't stand it when people start screaming at me saying it is their right to get a full refund or if an item was priced wrong by mistake that they are entitled to the item as priced,both wrong and very annoying when they get into your face thinking they know everything.

Fair enough, but that ejit provoked me telling me to crawl under a rock. I own a Londis and have a pain in my rear with ejits talking SH*TE at me roaring. I sometimes loose the rag and tell them to talk in a civilised manner or get out. If people approach me asking for help, I ALWAYS oblige. If people shout at me they can f*ck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Obviously you are one of the people who doesnt give a crap and you blame everyone around you. The sticky was put at the start of the forum so people can get the answer, but then, I guess you have to be able to read to understand it.

Happy new year tosser !

one week ban, PM me for re-access

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

red_ice wrote: »

And its only fair that red_ice receives the same one-week ban

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement