Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Speed On Bt

Options
  • 27-12-2007 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭

215810085.png

Hi, i just did the test there, im on 2mb download, 256k upload package.....
    Should i be getting better speeds than this????:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

This is pretty typical (good). I get almost the exact same on 2 Mbps with eircom. There's always an overhead anyway so you never get exactly 2 Mbps and that's before contention comes into the equation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Thats about right, here's mine:

216025270.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I had a strange one last night . I am on eircom and getting the same test results as the above . I always thought that the maximum you could get was 2mb but last night I d/led a file and it said my peak d/l rate was 362.2 KB/s . Never knew it was possible to go over the 2mb .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Is it still the same today ? They have doubled speeds before where possible
    Thing to test :
    http://url.ie/qv ( its just a freeBSD ISO)

Nah , back to it's usual 213 KB/s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭King Kelly

My 2mb Eircom speed this morning

216462135.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

abcxyz123 wrote: »
    215810085.png

Hi, i just did the test there, im on 2mb download, 256k upload package.....
    Should i be getting better speeds than this????:rolleyes:

Looks quite good IMO. You will never hit the max anyway. On a very good Cable or DSL line you might get 1.95 down - but no more. Ping times are good.

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Looks quite good IMO. You will never hit the max anyway. On a very good Cable or DSL line you might get 1.95 down - but no more. Ping times are god.
    jonski wrote: »
    I had a strange one last night . I am on eircom and getting the same test results as the above . I always thought that the maximum you could get was 2mb but last night I d/led a file and it said my peak d/l rate was 362.2 KB/s . Never knew it was possible to go over the 2mb .

Sometimes you do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

Thats about the average speed OP, here's my 2Mb speed with Eircom:

216482499.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

I'm on a 1mb BT connection only ever get about 3/4's of 1mb so I'd say your connection is fine...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

I'm on 3Mb/s
    216658933.png

Advertisement