Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car keyed & Dented

Options
  • 27-12-2007 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

Hi guys

Long story short, car has been keyed and various dents are now on the car.... yay :mad:

(Keying) on drivers door and slightly on the main body in the same area and seems to be clearcoat damage, but is deep.
    (Dents) are in one or two places, not too noticable, but are a pain to notice.
    (Paint damage and a little rust) has been found on the edges of the doors, probably been there since I bought the car as I'm very careful.

Apart from that, I've various scratches from when I bought the car that are on the bumpers.

It is in factory metalic silver, I've got the factory code, and from removing a badge lately (due to it flaking) I can verify that there is no fading of the paint, it is as new.

I live in the South East. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

Anyone? :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Anyone what? You haven't asked a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Shamrogue

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

I advise you to get it fixed. Thats what id do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Bunch of cheery lads here today :rolleyes:

Someone sh!te on your cornflakes ?

Oh Ok, Apologies for being unclear, Can anyone recommend the following for the above situation:

Bodyshops in the SouthEast (that will both do a good job and be reasonably priced)
    Ways of improving the keying? (Previous posts recommend t-cut and others don't)
    Any DIY repairs to the mentioned damage.

If they're any people who are in the business of panel beating etc. As the paint is not faded, do they have to blow in areas, as it get's really expensive if they have to do this.

• Advertisement

KTRIC wrote: »
    Bunch of cheery lads here today :rolleyes:

Someone sh!te on your cornflakes ?

:( Maybe Christmas has upset the boards generaly good karma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

:( Maybe Christmas has upset the boards generaly good karma

Looks like it.

Hang in there, there's a couple of guys here that know a thing or three about painting.

Advertisement