Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loud fans, Louder disk drive!

• 27-12-2007 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Got an XBOX 360 of the girlfried for Xmas and was wondering should it be so loud, when I power it on I can clearly hear the fans fgoing at the back and when I put a game in the disk spinning is even louder.

Just wonder if everyones is the smae as this?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah all perfectly normal I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

POO,

Ok

Thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I got one of the HDMI ones with the BenQ drive and I must say its suprisingly quite, will it get noisier over time though? At present its no louder than my pc...

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

My launch 360 was really loud but after repair (had rrod) a few weeks ago it's quietened down a lot. The repair dicket said they'd replaced the motherboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

If your XBOX doesn't sound like there's two jet engines beside either ear then I'd actually be worried about potential heat issues :P.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CJackson

The noise of mine is driving me nuts. Is it specific to certain models??? Ive got the non-HDMi connection one and was considering upgrading to a "newer" model :confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

CJackson wrote: »
    The noise of mine is driving me nuts. Is it specific to certain models??? Ive got the non-HDMi connection one and was considering upgrading to a "newer" model :confused:
    I got the "Team: ADUE" HDMI pro edition and it seems silent operation, I think its because the thing has a new heatsink and apparently the BenQ drives are quieter

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CJackson

yoyo wrote: »
    I got the "Team: ADUE" HDMI pro edition and it seems silent operation, I think its because the thing has a new heatsink and apparently the BenQ drives are quieter

Nick

Cheers Nick. I'll checkup on that

Advertisement