Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No landline, what's my options?

Options
  • 27-12-2007 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi,

I am in a flatshare in Finglas at the moment with no chance of getting a landline (I've asked). Am sick of using netcafes and my laptop just being an expensive DVD player.

Now excuse my ignorance of the Irish broadband market but in the UK you can connect to mobile broadband easily enough and most the operators are throwing the wireless cards at you for nothing if you take a phone off them.

I've had a look and it seems there is similar options in Ireland.

Does anyone have experience of these that could reccommend a decent one, with service for North Dublin?

As for my usage, it's mainly to browse message boards, social network sites etc, I also watch some TV programmes online via youtube type sites, and very occasionally download the odd episode of something or other, but am not a heavy Torrent user generally.

How much would I be looking to pay, for what sort of speeds and download limits?

Are they reliable?

Cheers!

Comments

Advertisement