Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petrol card query

Options
  • 27-12-2007 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Looking for some info on the different petrol cards from people that are using them. I have been using my CC to buy my petrol thinking that the monthly CC statemets would surfice as proof for the taxman. Can anyone confirm this for me or would Taxman look for actuall petrol receipts since you could be buying anything in the petrol station.
    IF receipts are needed are most petrol cards the same ie:they give a % discount on your bill at the end of the month

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Really ... I can only use my Statoil Motorcard to buy Petrol and Car washes, nothing else :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Think you might have misunderstood me Craichoe as I am using my creditcard at the moment and I have a sneaky suspicion that the tax man wont accept the CC monthly statement as proof of petrol purchase . So was going to go down the road of getting a petrol card and wondered are they more or less the same

Cubix

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

fuel card statements are acceptable to the revenue as you can't use them to buy other goods at a petrol station pretending to buy fuel.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

cubix wrote: »
    Think you might have misunderstood me Craichoe as I am using my creditcard at the moment and I have a sneaky suspicion that the tax man wont accept the CC monthly statement as proof of petrol purchase . So was going to go down the road of getting a petrol card and wondered are they more or less the same

Cubix

If you are talking about for expense purposes then you would be correct, you need proper receipts.

Advertisement