Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunter in need of respec

Options
  • 27-12-2007 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

So.. This is my toon:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Moonglade&n=Spalfssip

Yes i know the name is awesome isnt it ;)

So ive been running about with this defias gear for a while now, and well i dont think its upto the job. My weps are pretty good though, i had 2 cruel barbs but i found the agi of the thiefs nife helped. Ive recently gotten a thorn pike or thorn spike ( cant remember its name ) But its another hunter dagger with more dps and an extra 1 agi point so ill keep the cruel barb and add that.

What i really need is some nice armour. Since this is my first leather wearing monkey i have no idea if there are any sets i should be on the lookout for. Also i feel my bow is lacking so something blue with a better speed and more dps would be nice.

Also while im at it, my pet which ive had since i went through dun morah is a bear, and a pretty small one at that. Should i think about getting another pet ( needs to be tank ) and where should i find it? Also is it worth finding a rare/elite to use as a pet? Do they grant any extra abalities or such?

Cheer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I never played a hunter myself man but i have been playing wow for far too long!! Unless your planning on twinking the char at lvl 29 i wouldnt worry about an armor set. Tbh there arnt really any anyways. Since the xp has been increased from lvl 1-60 your best off just lvling as fast as ye can manage.
    As for the pet stuff, as far as i know u dont get any unique abilities if ye get a rare pet, but they will keep there unique look. Just google for a pet guild and ye will pull up loads of em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

goodlad wrote: »
    I never played a hunter myself man but i have been playing wow for far too long!! Unless your planning on twinking the char at lvl 29 i wouldnt worry about an armor set. Tbh there arnt really any anyways. Since the xp has been increased from lvl 1-60 your best off just lvling as fast as ye can manage.
    As for the pet stuff, as far as i know u dont get any unique abilities if ye get a rare pet, but they will keep there unique look. Just google for a pet guild and ye will pull up loads of em

Cheers for that :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ya, Blizz took out the unique attributes from unique pets before patch 2.0 (iirc). Stupid idea, as now every pet is exactly the same, bar the looks. As for the pets size, it increases as you level. I was also pretty miffed that my angry, blood thirsty wolf turned into a cute little cub half the size of anything else. I'm 25 now and he looks alot cooler.

As for armour, as is said above, dont worry about getting sets. You'll level so fast (especially since your a hunter) that you wont need any. Keep away from the AH, and you should have a fair bit of money come 60 as well.

lol you're level 27 and worrying about gear? Run a few instances and you'll be fine
    You should be leveling fast anyway so don't spend much time on it or it'll be outdated quickly enough

and remember all your gear is automatically useless when you get to outlands, outlands greens >> old blues

I forgot to mention i have 4000g. Im just looking to be the best kitted i can.

• Advertisement

Anti wrote: »

you're still level 27, gain a lot of levels before worrying about gear

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Well, if you dont need the cash, i know someone who could use an epic mount...yes thats right, its me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Anti wrote: »

Your level 27 and have 4000g ? Sure ya might aswell just get your new chinese friends to level your character for you. Save yourself even more effort :)

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

At this point I'd like to drop a newbBOMB.

What's a "toon" mean? I know what twink is but whats toon? Same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

toon = character. all players are toons

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »
    Your level 27 and have 4000g ? Sure ya might aswell just get your new chinese friends to level your character for you. Save yourself even more effort :)

Nah i didnt buy any gold, my lock is what i use to farm for 2 houra a day. Leather goes for s stupid price on moonglade. 10 rigged leather starts at 20g going up to 40g in some cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

this raises something I've always had an interest in looking into: is there any sort of guides for classes, where money being no object, a gear setup recommendation. eg.

at level 10 you should have:
    level 15:
    level 20:
    and so on.

maybe 5 levels is too short a gap, but you get my drift. and stuff that can be bought, and not anything bind on pickup. would be very useful for levelling a character.

Anti, I'm on MG too, leather work 352 atm, if you want anything crafted PM me your character names I'll contact you ingame.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

WoW-Loot is pretty good, concentrates more on BoP stuff though.

Advertisement