Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driver faces ban for lack of speeding.

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

If she was that terrified of driving on motorways then what on earth was she doing on the M32. There would have been a million other roads for her to take to get where she wanted to be without going on the motorway. It didn't say which direction she was going in but from Fishponds there are only two places you can get to along the M32, either the centre of Bristol and there are many better alternative routes depending on the time of day or the M4 and I really hope that she wasn't going in that direction.

The M32 would actually be a relatively good one for her to practice motorway driving on though as it's only two lanes and does not give her the chance to get lost if she goes in the direction of Bristol on it. I've been stuck on it several times doing an average speed of 0.5mph for a couple of hours before though so would tend to avoid if at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

LuckyStar wrote: »
    I was turning into a shop that was off-route and made the wrong turn, I had not programmed this detour into the sat nav as I was driving at the time.

Most Sat Nav's will re-calculate the correct route to your destination no matter how many wrong (detours) turns you make or they'll tell you to turn around. What Sat Nav do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

It's hard not to have sympathy for the woman and her psychological condition but she is certainly not a competant driver. As for lemmings argument, 10mph on a motorway is so slow that it approximates a parked car on the motorway. Would you claim it was safe to park on the motorway and that when the inevitable instant tailback and pile up occurs, that it was all the other drivers at fault? The slow speed in this case was clearly dangerous driving and so is driving at unnecessarily slow speeds on open roads that are not motorways. Obstructing traffic flow is dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LuckyStar

AntiVirus wrote: »
    Most Sat Nav's will re-calculate the correct route to your destination no matter how many wrong (detours) turns you make or they'll tell you to turn around. What Sat Nav do you have?

it did and i got home fine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/bristol/somerset/7171154.stm

Dont know if it was posted already.... Brilliant :p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

She should be made sit driving lessons and take her test again.

Good to see the cops acting on slow drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Merged your thread into the old one, unklerosco

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Some gob****e brought a tractor towing a heavy piece of farm machinery onto the M7 last Wednesday after apparently deciding that the R445 wasn't good enough for him. Lots of heavy braking and nice big tailback as two lanes of traffic were forced to merge into one. At least in his case it was easy to spot him a mile off.

Advertisement