Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading Laptop

Options
  • 27-12-2007 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok my laptop was got 3 years ago, im wondering if i could get my ram upgraded to maybe 2gb ram. Can it be done ?? How much would it cost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

robdcu wrote: »
    Ok my laptop was got 3 years ago, im wondering if i could get my ram upgraded to maybe 2gb ram. Can it be done ?? How much would it cost

I'm no expert on the computers but I'm guessing you can. Most of the laptops I've ever seen had a slot but you'll need to know what size, speed and type of RAM you already have.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yes, but I'll need to the model number. Or you can goto www.shop4memory.com and do the online wizard to see what you can upgade to, and how much it'll be. Can be anything from €20 to €400, depending on the type of RAM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mrDuke

When i did this i decided it was cheaper to buy a second laptop and i ended up selling my old one for a few pounds too :D

Advertisement