Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portable DVD Player in Tesco.

Options
  • 27-12-2007 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭

I bought a portable DVD player from Tesco for a Christmas present lo and behold the screen doesn't work. I lost the receipt so the only proof of purchase I have is my club card (I got points on the device and all your purchased items show up) any help would be appreciated. They basically told me to fudge off so...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

You don't need a receipt AFAIK as long as it is identifiably bought in a Tesco. Is it Tesco branded? Also, your clubcard is extra proof that you bought it there.

Ask to speak to someone a bit higher up than the shelf-stacking gimp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Tesco dont to "own brand" electronics. Many of their electronics are the ones that can be purchased in Dixons, Argos etc (and most of the time are the excess stock from these stores). The reason why they require the receipt is they need proof that you got it in the store and not in say one of the aforementioned. As I dont work in tesco I dont know how they can look up your clubcard transactions, but if it was recently it should show. Where I worked we could only look up transactions going back 10-20 days max.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I had a similar problem with a hoover bought in a DIY store, couldn't find the receipt but I paid by laser and had a bank statement. So they replaced it for me. I did have to phone the head office though, so maybe try Tesco head office, they should be able to check your clubcard statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭traceybere

I have found in Tescos it depends on who is at the customer desk - i was able to change hoover bags their before without a reciept for a different pack.

They may offer you an exchange - give it a try

• Registered Users Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

If you've ever registered for the Tesco online service, details of store purchases are recorded as per the loyalty card/till-slip match-up. At one time I assumed that it retained info re the online purchases, but the last time that I was on there, I noticed that stuff that had been bought in the store was listed under recent purchases. It was easy to spot as I haven't used the online service to deliver groceries for about two years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭hughowen

If you go to the store where you purchased and know the time date and checkout you can get a copy of your receipt, and that will show your clubcard as well giving you proof. You may have to demand these details as the staff would prefer not to do it, takes too long. You can then get a refund otherwise you can get an exchange without receipt as per company policy.
    Owen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

hughowen wrote: »
    If you go to the store where you purchased and know the time date and checkout you can get a copy of your receipt, and that will show your clubcard as well giving you proof. You may have to demand these details as the staff would prefer not to do it, takes too long. You can then get a refund otherwise you can get an exchange without receipt as per company policy.
    Owen

I did this and got a full refund. Result I say.

Advertisement