Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cars been keyed and dented, any advice?

Options
  • 27-12-2007 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

Hi guys

Long story short, car has been keyed and various dents are now on the car.... yay

Can anyone recommend the following for the below situation:

Bodyshops in the SouthEast (that will both do a good job and be reasonably priced)
    Ways of improving the keying? (Previous posts recommend t-cut and others don't)
    Any DIY repairs to the below mentioned damage.

(Keying) on drivers door and slightly on the main body in the same area and seems to be clearcoat damage, but is deep.
    (Dents) are in one or two places, not too noticable, but are a pain to notice.
    (Paint damage and a little rust) has been found on the edges of the doors, probably been there since I bought the car as I'm very careful.
    Various scratches from when I bought the car that are on the bumpers.

It is in factory metalic silver, I've got the factory code, and from removing a badge lately (due to it flaking) I can verify that there is no fading of the paint, it is as new.

If they're any people who are in the business of panel beating etc. As the paint is not faded, do they have to blow in areas, as it get's really expensive if they have to do this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭AlanAhern

You say you are in the south east, if you are near waterford try dave pickard 051 343868. his work is flawless and prices are average to high but you get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

Thanks, I'll give him a bell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

Keying - if its not too deep you maybe able to pollish it out - or you can use a tooth pick to apply the touch up paint in the scratch and then pollish it out.

Small dents can be fixed by mobile units like the dent doctor and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

Thanks, will definitely check them out

Advertisement