Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda 6 1.8(2004) A Good Buy?

Options
  • 27-12-2007 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi folks my normal password isn't working. If yee could give me some advice i would greatly appreciate it. I have been offered the mazda for 10000 euro, theres 25000 miles on the clock with a full service history. Is it a good car, how are they on petrol and running costs?
    I wll be doing 20000 miles a year.
    I am getting the car of a friend so i know its not clocked and its mint.

Any Views on this car?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That sounds like a good price for a 2004 Mazda 6 with that mileage. They are a very good car and nice to drive. The 1.8 is not the fastest in the world but grand for Irish roads.

However since you are concerned about running costs and you say you are doing 20k miles a year so you would not opt for a diesel 6 instead? The 2.0 diesel is superior to the 1.8 petrol in both performance and economy. However they do tend to cost a bit more to buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

The 6 is meant to be a great car but it is also said to have one big flaw, and an important one for someone who will be doing 20,000 miles a year: refinement.

It is meant to be a noisy car on the move, noisier than it's rivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

Bite his hand off. That is for nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Make sure it is the Touring or Sport Touring model. Comfort is the basic model and is by definition pretty basic.

Touring has velour seats, climate control, traction control, cruise control and multi-function steering wheel.

Sport Touring has 16" alloy wheels, electric sunroof and lowered sports suspension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

E92 wrote: »
    The 6 is meant to be a great car but it is also said to have one big flaw, and an important one for someone who will be doing 20,000 miles a year: refinement.

It is meant to be a noisy car on the move, noisier than it's rivals.

No, it's only a little less sound insulated than it's German counterparts and on par with it's Jap ones, so it's a non issue really. In every other way it's more refined than a similar year Passat.
    That's an excellent price. You'll pay €5k more for a diesel in that condition, and you'd have to be doing well into the 6 figure miles per year to gain 5 grand back in the fuel saving! :)
    Go for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement