Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live Issue

• 27-12-2007 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭

Right, I got myself an Xbox 360 for Christmas and I'm have a problem setting up Xbox Live.

Basically whenever I do a connection test, it goes fine. Then I'm told that I have to install a console update from Xbox Live in order to access it. I select the "Yes" option. Then the update status comes up and it fills the first little bit, and nothing else. Then it tells me that the update has failed and unable to download it.

Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Set your firewall in your router menu to medium of low,mine is set to low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Any chance you can tell me how to get to the Router Menu? I'm on Vista btw and using the Wireless bridge

Never mind, I got it. And I think the problem is solved. Thanks very much mate :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

No worries,glad to help.

Ffs, now I have another issue.

How do I go about getting my free months Gold membership? I can get as far as redeem code but can't find the free option anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

As far as I remember, I just created an account, typed in my GT and I received it.

I wasn't even looking for it, I only wanted a silver account but after it was created, it gave it to me. You don't have a choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

Hi, Just go ahead and set up a Silver account, it will then give you a " special offer " of a 30-day free gold membership trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭uncle-mofo

How can you get to the router menu on xp? I am having the same problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

whos your internet provider?

eircom

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Instructions Here
    192.168.1.254 = router. Open it in your internet browser

type 192.168.1.254 into the adress bar, then go to firewall and set it to low, everything should be good to go then

sorry forgot this, you should go to expert mode then click configure then connection, down the bottom you will see a upnp box, tick it and save changes

I actually love you guys

Advertisement