Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Angel eyes

Options
  • 27-12-2007 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting a pair of angel eyes for my mk4 golf off ebay. they around 200 euro. Has anyone installed a pair to ther own car and if so what are they like. Was it easy and do thay look nice ?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Vain wrote: »
    Thinking of getting a pair of angel eyes for my mk4 golf off ebay. they around 200 euro. Has anyone installed a pair to ther own car and if so what are they like. Was it easy and do thay look nice ?

Cheers

Hi

If the are made by FK,in pro or similar don't bother,there are also a couple of knock of ones on ebay similar to the quality of these and the are equally as crap!

I had these on the golf a few years ago and trust me you would be safer driving by candle light,plus the bulbs in the rings will go and leave them looking crap,in the end i dumped them and opted for the hella celis upgrade headlights for the MK4 golf - hella are the original designers and makers of all the celis headlights you see on beemers - Celis is the proper name for the angel eye :),i have never looked back and have never seen a set of celis lights to match the hella ones i have on a beemer,each ring is powered by one super bright LED as opposed to 4 bulbs in each ring on the the cheap ones such as FK.

There are a few pics of my car here,but no pictures that do the Celis lights porper justice

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2944679

Having experienced the absolute crapness of the cheaper headlights i would seriously advise you to steer clear - its the old adage you get what you pay for.

Hope that helps feel free to ask any questions - Shane

EDIT: bored on night shift and dug up some very old pics of my car(august2005 wow :eek:) from a UK forum to show the diff between cheap angel eyes and hella celis headlights

Cheapos:
    before17at.jpg

Hella:
    after27in.jpg
    the white bits in the centre are just the light reflecting funnily of the projectors

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

cheers for the help il prob leave them go for a while must price the good ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

The biggest problem with them is the fact the most are designed for Europe (LHD) giving a lot of problems with the way the light are aligned.

Saying that Ultra and some other company in UK imports them for the RHD cars but still leaves quality behind.
    If you want to get better light look into HID conversion kits.

Yes my FK ones were LHd the came with a tourist lever in the headlights which doesnt really adjust them it just flattens the beam.

The Hella ones are RHD though,i will be upgrading to xenons soon enough getting tired of the celis even though the are a fantastic headlight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Bored-Stupid

Anyone know what are the best for xenon headlight bulbs.I have a Seat Leon and wouldnt mind getting a set. Are they expensive/difficult to fit?

• Advertisement

Anyone know what are the best for xenon headlight bulbs.I have a Seat Leon and wouldnt mind getting a set. Are they expensive/difficult to fit?

True xenon bulbs can only be fitted to xenon headlights - there however plently of so called xenon effect bulbs such as philips extreme power etc that are a bit whiter and alot brighter than standard halogen bulbs while still remaining road legal.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Im assuming its for the main beams? Just get a h7 HID conversion kit. You are better off going for around 8k brightness. 6k is fine if you have the lowering light switch (generally used if towering a trailer).

http://www.aceparts.com/upgrade-bulbs/h7/hid-upgrade-kit-h1h4h7.htm

They are fairly pricey. Ebay them. Much better value. They are straight forward to fit. Dependant on the spacing behind your lights, it should take you no more than an hour to fit. Nothing difficult. You just need to find somewhere to mount the ballists.

Hope that helps!

Advertisement