Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venue for 30th Birthday

Options
  • 27-12-2007 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Ive done a search on this but could still do with some pointers. Im looking for something in town for 25-35 heads. If they serve food all the better, if not it would be handy if we could bring our own. A place that is free would be great but I dont mind spending a nominal amount for the right place ( 100-150 )
    What is important to me is that it serves late, ie1-2am as usually people dont show up till at least 10pm and then having the bar closed at 12.30am would be a bit of a downer.
    Also Im more in favour of a separate room with a bar so we can have some privacy and also space to host a DJ, there would have to be a wee bit of space for dancing too.
    If anyone has some feedback on Doheny & Nesbitts , Brokers, the Barge and the Longstone as birthday venues that would be cool.
    Otherwise if you have any good suggestions on other venues you know that might suit these requirements I promise to save you a bit of caca milis:-):D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Messrs?

The BGRH heads are heading in there tomorrow, they took the booking for free, and they do food aswell.

I've seen areas reserved in the main part of the pub that would seat 25-35 people too.

Decent spot, opens late, is fairly central too.

Also, they have a basement section that was the venue for a Boards Beers in August or September, and food came out that time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Pines

Check out O'Dwyers on Mount Street. It's slightly out of city centre, but is well set up for 30ths and the like. My gf had hers there and on the night there were 6 or 7 parties in the place on different floors, each with its own reserved area. My only complaint was v. minor - they would not allow any decorations on walls or even helium ballons.

However, the night went off really well, stayed open late with our own seating area reserved until the place had filled.

Advertisement