Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

clothes/shoes that women wear being a factor

• 27-12-2007 6:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭

is it just me?

i like my women to wear nice shoes (first thing i look at if i think she is nice). this is gonna sound crazy but i love a bird that wears dubes, boots, heels etc is it wrong to push a girl in the direction of something you personally like?

i like a girl to be able to dress up nice but be able to wear casual aswell but find myself suggesting things that would suit them if we go shopping.

would the ladies on here be offended if their boyfriend said "oh you should get those shoes, they're well sexy".

one of my ex's did say she'd wear hold ups for me cos i said they were sexy for example but what do others think.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 drand

McSween wrote: »
    is it just me?

i like my women to wear nice shoes (first thing i look at if i think she is nice). this is gonna sound crazy but i love a bird that wears dubes, boots, heels etc is it wrong to push a girl in the direction of something you personally like?

i like a girl to be able to dress up nice but be able to wear casual aswell but find myself suggesting things that would suit them if we go shopping.

would the ladies on here be offended if their boyfriend said "oh you should get those shoes, they're well sexy".

one of my ex's did say she'd wear hold ups for me cos i said they were sexy for example but what do others think.

Are you sure you don't want to be friends with them rather than wanting to smash their back doors in? It's ok to admit to yourself how you truly feel...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

a woman can wear whatever she wants and her boyfriend shouldn't tell her what clothes to put on

don't control your women

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

You can make a suggestions, but never tell a person what to wear. Always make the suggestion by way of a compliment, for example "your legs would look amazing in that skirt".

I don't think there's any problem in making suggestions, but I don't think you should try to change a person's sense of style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

It's fine to suggest items to your girlfriend but don't force it onto her. Suggest and see what her reaction is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

How can it be wrong to like your lady dressed a certain way. As long as you do not demand she does, everythings fine. If she is happy to wear what you like then whos business is it anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I appreciate suggestions/constructive criticism from my boyf, but would be annoyed if he demanded I wore something.
    As long as you keep to that, you're fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'd like a girl who wears ninja boots. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Fletch123 wrote: »
    You can make a suggestions, but never tell a person what to wear. Always make the suggestion by way of a compliment, for example "your legs would look amazing in that skirt".

That's the way to do it. If I only know 1 thing about women, it's that they always like a compliment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

it's a big turn off for me if a girl is wearing ugg boots, leggins (esp in the summer!) or skirt with jeans. none of these things look good IMO, especially the leggins, they either make a girl look too fat or too thin, I have never seen a girl make leggins look good or vice versa

The Bollox wrote: »
    it's a big turn off for me if a girl is wearing ugg boots,

Yeah, all they do is make the woman's legs look stumpy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

personally i like my bfs to suggest what they like and i like to suggest thinmgs i think would suit them. i would never accept it if my bf TOLD me what to wear and i wouldnt respect a man if he wore things just because i told him.

Yeah, ugg boots are awful.

Will Ninja boots become fashionable? One could only hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

My boyfriend likes black, I hate it :P But he doesn't seem to realise that it makes me look washed out so keeps suggesting it, silly men.

Piste wrote: »
    silly men.

I find that offensive. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

I like men to wear suits at all times, and ties, and a crisp white shirt, and good, well-polished leather shoes. They should have their hair cut neatly every week, and keep their nails clean and trimmed. In winter they should wear a knee-length coat, and in summer a good-quality jacket; they should carry an expensive leather briefcase.

What's inside their brain? Oh, no, that doesn't matter. Should it? </ironic comparison>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 kitt13

Some women like the men in their lives to have a more active role, especially with decisions, and others don't. So, really, it depends on what your girlfriend is like.

Personally speaking there are some issues I just ultimately leave up to himself to deal with and not because I'm stupid or lazy. They just aren't a priority to me but are to him. When it comes to a woman's appearance, I would say tread lightly. I hate shopping for clothes and get very indecisive from the stress of it. (The loud music, unflattering lighting, young girls with thighs the size of my calves, etc.) So if he did make a suggestion, I would probably follow it. Unless it was so obviously wrong but if it was that wrong, I don't think I would have brought the item into the dressing room.

That's just my view; again, you know your girlfriend best. Why don't you start buying her things you like on her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yeah, ugg boots are awful.

Will Ninja boots become fashionable? One could only hope.

Ninja boots? Aren't they the ones that look like teenage mutant ninja turtle feet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

McSween wrote: »
    this is gonna sound crazy but i love a bird that wears dubes

Too right, your a sick sick man.

I'd like a girl who wears ninja boots. :)

i like a girl to wear nothing :D

luckat wrote: »
    I like men to wear suits at all times, and ties, and a crisp white shirt, and good, well-polished leather shoes. They should have their hair cut neatly every week, and keep their nails clean and trimmed. In winter they should wear a knee-length coat, and in summer a good-quality jacket; they should carry an expensive leather briefcase.

What's inside their brain? Oh, no, that doesn't matter. Should it? </ironic comparison>

Thanks for the tips, that's my wardrobe sorted for the next year. ;)

WindSock wrote: »
    Ninja boots? Aren't they the ones that look like teenage mutant ninja turtle feet?

Not a very flattering way to put it, as that style of footwear has been traditional in japan for hundreds of years, or more.

Like so. Very hot. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

No offense Karl, but they've really reminded me of E.T., not good!!

Advertisement