Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turkey Recipes?

• 27-12-2007 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭

Does anyone have any receipes that you can share so i can use up the leftover Turkey?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Boil the bones and some of the juices left over from the roasting (you kept them , right?) for a good while.

Add some veg, whatever you like really, carrots, onion, celery, herbs, yadda yadda and whatever meat you can salvage.

Bish, bash, bosh, wholesome Turkey Soup.

I've just had a bowl that my mother made this afternoon, delish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Make some sambo's with the turkey:) Can't beat a lovely turkey sandwich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,440 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

You could make a nice curry with with, alternatively blend it to a paste and make turkey burgers or meatballs with it (mix in some green herbs with the paste and a little salt and pepper to taste) - healthy and tastes lovely.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I make Stephen's Day pie. Soften onions and garlic in a pan. Add some turkey and ham. Put in your left over gravy and/or turkey stock. Add veg of your choice, I'm using carrots, peas and mushrooms. Add seasoning to taste, I also add some mustard (the grainy kind), some cream and fresh thyme and sage (as they're in the garden).

Put in big dish and stick pastry lid on the top. Cook in hot oven for about 20 mins or until the crust is golden.

Serve with extra veg or mash for enthusiasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Leftover turkey is lovely with creamy mash...smother the whole thing in white sauce!

Alternatively, lovely in vol au vonts in a creamy mushroom sauce. Onions, mushrooms, turkey, herbs, cream, bit of butter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Chop it up and stir it into white sauce with precooked broccoli and sauteed onion. Put it into an ovenproof dish and cover with breadcrumbs and grated cheese. Bake for around 30 minutes.

Advertisement