Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gears of War PC can't get online

Options
  • 27-12-2007 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Has anybody had any trouble with this??
    I have an xbox live account and go to use this profile but it comes back saying this live service is not available.
    i'v done all the updates etc. before i did the updates it was going slightly further to the update screen but i was getting basically the same message, cannot update.
    do i have to open ports on my router?? Netopia 2247NWG-VGx or set up a nat service? my firewall is set to let it out! i'm running vista.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

You making sure your firewall allows net connections for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭jocky

ya everything looks fine. any other game i play has no problems:(

anybody any more ideas?? got a mail from microsoft saying to ring them but we all know what that means!!! i've tried the obvious.

i have narrowed it down to my modem.
    the firewall on medium will not let it work but on low it works.
    this means i need to set up a nat service (port forwarding) i can't seem to find the ports to open on the net for this game. it's all xbox 360. does anybody know?
    and if u have done it on the netopia router can u let me know how.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭-annex-

This guide should help you out:
    http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netopia/2247NWG-VGx/Xbox_Live_360.htm

Edit: As has been said, make sure you keep your firewall on low. Otherwise the ports will not forward.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Qwertyboy

I think I have the same router, in the router settings drop the security a level. You say its at Medium so put it down to low -(which I think is the next one)

Thanks guys.
    it does work on low settings but i can get my xbox to work on medium!
    tried all the above, just one of those things.:mad:

Advertisement