Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

video editing cloning, composititng.

• 27-12-2007 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

I am working on a band video now what I want to do is gather two pieces of video footage. video footage one will have my band playing live on stage. video footage two will have video of a large arena with a big band . now i want to merge both video clips . so my band looks like they are playing on a big stage. In photoshop working with photos this would be simple. but video seems to be a whole new ball game.I have tried to download a trial of photoshop, cs3 but can not install it. any ideas . Thanks dave.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lisa365

Hi Lisa here, just moved over from the uk. There are couple of ways you can merge two video clips as one. I was employed as video editor in London and have done this few times. You can email me lisasendtome@yahoo.co.uk. I will send you more details as I would take up to much space on boards. Its good to see that you can get some good editing software in Ireland , bit pricey . but not as pricey as other small countrys around the world. Regarding the photoshop cs3 lots of people in the UK and other parts of the world are having problems trying to install .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭lm7

great stuff lisa. I have used adobe premier and had some success but look forward to your mail. it is for a collage band and really want to help. thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭corkproducers

Any chance one of ye could share your info on how to do this on this thread?

Ive always wondered how it could be accomplished with software.

Theres a pretty cool music video for an irish band with has like a cursor clicking on the band members and changing their clothes and stuff.
    I thought it was Delorentos but cant find it on youtube, will find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭lm7

In adobe premier you can do this kind of work in a few ways. I am not in any way great with adobe premier. but i messed around with keying, composits. go in to the help files in adobe premier. you can also use effects to help with colour and stuff. I was able to put the band on a large stage with crowds the whole nine yards but I was at it for hours. maybe there is a better easier program I don't know. anyone out there have any input. I will say it was most enjoyable and I am now hooked on video editing. I am sure there is some great software out there but adobe will do it for you it just seems to be very techy.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

thread moved from lifehacking, mods feel free to do what you will, not sure why I missed it initially..

• Advertisement
Advertisement